Maxpedition - Knives and Tools
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Hi Nailbender, are your XR-Es and XP-Es EZ900 or EZ1000?

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Quote Originally Posted by alvinyhwong View Post
    Hi Nailbender, are your XR-Es and XP-Es EZ900 or EZ1000?
    Hi

They are EZ1000 as I don't know of ANYWHERE they can dependably be bought and with all I have received stating they would be EZ900 and were not these are all I will have for awhile.

Dave

OK, then, with all my pestering, this is what I want. The first item is a D36 so I'll post this in the other thread, too.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    D36 D36 XML potted T50 flux Bin 4A 4500K neutral white for FM's 1*32650 D36 host
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated SMO $45
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

P60 Dual XPG potted Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) for Solarforce host $50
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated 2.8 amp Thanks for the tip on Phazerburn's diffusion film - it worked really well!

P60 XRE
    Q3 4C smo potted 1.4 A 1 level for solarforce host $35

P60 XRE
    Q3 4C 8 degr optic potted 1.4 A 1 level for solarforce host $35

For a grand total of $173 with PP fees, right? (PP sent but we can alter it if needed)
    Last edited by RCantor; 11-13-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Oh, for my dual xpg, since I'm going to use the film, would a smo reflector be better? Unless you have misgivings lets go for smo. If you have any advice I'd be happy to hear it

sending PP for T5 neutral XM-L
    2 mode pushed 3.1 LOP potted please!
    45$
    going to be used in a p60 Headlamp host that has lots of fins and on my
    bike mostly so should be cool enough.
    Using a 1s4p 18650 pack so 3.1a is no problem

thanks!!!!

Heya- if not too late I'll take an SMO reflector instead -as I've got a few LOPs chilling in my parts box
    The XM-L seems fine ring-wise

Flashaholic

My XM-L DBS pill arrived today and I have to say I'm thrilled with the 3000K color temp. I find I'm really moving away from any of the cooler color LED's. I can't wait for night to arrive, people will think I'm crazy but oh well. LOL

Thanks Nailbender!

Hiya, before I send paypal, please check if everything is possible and available:

LED: Cree UV XL 7090 $45 (395nm)
    Reflector: LOP
    Driver: 1 level 2.8-6 volts 1.4A
    Potting + copper tape $5

LED: Cree XM-L $40 T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
    Driver: 1 level 3x Li-ion ~700ma (are these available?)
    Potting + copper tape $5

Total: $95

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ODatsBright View Post
    My XM-L DBS pill arrived today and I have to say I'm thrilled with the 3000K color temp. I find I'm really moving away from any of the cooler color LED's. I can't wait for night to arrive, people will think I'm crazy but oh well. LOL

Thanks Nailbender!
    Hi

I thought you would like it since you said you were getting away from coolwhite. I think it is even more incan like than the 45k SST 50's. I am glad you are pleased

On another note. Psychbeat and Rcantor smooth is not a problem as long as my senility doesn't set in

Dave

Hiya, before I send paypal, please check if everything is possible and available:

Driver: 1 level 2.8-6 volts 1.4A
    Potting + copper tape $5

Driver: 1 level 3x Li-ion ~700ma (are these available?)
    Potting + copper tape $5

Thank you!
    Hi

I usually I only push the UV's at about 1 -1.2 amps as the specs from Cree are 700ma so 1.2 amps is about tops.

Now for the XML, I have a one level 1 amp that will accept 3X LI ions, I don't have any 700mah available in high voltage as I have very few calls for a driver with that low of amperage.

Dave

Ok, so:

Driver: 1 level 2.8-6 volts 1.2A
    Potting + copper tape $5

Driver: 1 level 3x Li-ion 1A (what's the voltage range of these?)
    Potting + copper tape $5

Please tell me when you're ready for me to send paypal. Thank you!

Ok, so:

Driver: 1 level 2.8-6 volts 1.2A
    Potting + copper tape $5

Driver: 1 level 3x Li-ion 1A (what's the voltage range of these?)
    Potting + copper tape $5

Please tell me when you're ready for me to send paypal. Thank you!
    Hi

The voltage range on the XML is 3.6-18 volts

You can send when ever you are ready as I have all parts needed

Dave

(Unique Transaction ID # 0XY75798H7655872X)

Cree XM-L $40
    U2 bin 1A Cool White
    2.8-6 volts pushed to 3.1 amps
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated w/memory
    SMO Reflector
    Potting with copper tape is a $5
    Click Here to view my lights

Can you focus both drop-ins for maximum throw at the center of the beam (no donut hole)? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

The voltage range on the XML is 3.6-18 volts

You can send when ever you are ready as I have all parts needed

Dave

Hi All

I have had a few members ask if I can produce the XML's at a higher amperage, I have now listed a 3.5 amp regulated module. Now realize that this is almost impossible to reach this amperage on a average 18650. I have done repeated tests and with a IMR you may be able to reach this but the best batt to use with this high of amperage is 26650's. I have also tested up to 4.2 amp drivers and even when using my 20 amp power supply when powered at 4.2 volts most of the time you will only achieve about 3.7 amps and this is hooked up direct with no resistance from a host or switch. I am willing to furnish as you want but I want to be fair and let you know that seldom will you be able to reach 4.2 amps with a single li ion.

While not a double E I do believe that part of it is just not enough voltage to run the driver at that high of amperage. Once I increase the voltage to even just 4.8 volts then I am able to achieve the full 4.2 volts and when potted properly the emitter does run OK. The only battery config that I was able to get close to the 4.2 amps at the tail was using 2X lifepo4 which again furnishes the higher voltage needed to be able to get a regulated driver to perform as wanted at this amperage.

Sorry for the long post but since they have been asked for I wanted to offer them but I also wanted to do some real live testing so no one is disappointed with results. I have for a few days been running a 3.5 amp driver with 2X lifepo4 PROPERLY CHARGED batts with good results and no emitter problems.

Thanks

Dave

Ahhhhhhh right after I ordered a 3.1

Hey Dave if it's not too late can I change it to a 3.5a?
    I'm going to be running it from a
    1s4p 18650 pack.
    If its too late - not the end of the world.

The fivemega 1s2p host would be a good one for this drop also yah?

Hey Dave, I have some 26650's and just ordered a COOLY (should be here tomorrow.) I want to get all I can out of this set up. And I have a quick question...

Which would be brighter, a 3.5 regulated XM-L or one of your DD SST-90's?

I know the 90' is flood-ier, which is fine. I just have several XM-L's already (3 are from you..) and I have never owned a light yet that used an SST-90. Just thinking about doing something a little bit different...

Would I need a FETtie for the 90'? I am not sure what kind of amps this would draw...

Thanks!

^^^
    Noctis melted a McClicky with a DD90 but he had soldered thick copper wire to the spring for less resistance and done a few other things.

Also, you might want to send Bic C a PM or do a search for his "burn in" method for SST90 which lowers the VF.

I've been considering a DD90module too for a HL host that runs on 4x18650 in parallel. I'm not sure I'd be able to have any modes tho unless it had a resistor or something or maybe Dave could short a driver out so that it would be DD on high?

I'll try a 3.5 XM-L first (unless it's too late then 3.1)
    I'm wondering how much gain there is going to 3.5 over 3.1 assuming the batteries don't sag 4x 3100mah Panasonics?

Quote Originally Posted by brandocommando View Post
    Hey Dave, I have some 26650's and just ordered a COOLY (should be here tomorrow.) I want to get all I can out of this set up. And I have a quick question...

Which would be brighter, a 3.5 regulated XM-L or one of your DD SST-90's?

I know the 90' is flood-ier, which is fine. I just have several XM-L's already (3 are from you..) and I have never owned a light yet that used an SST-90. Just thinking about doing something a little bit different...

Would I need a FETtie for the 90'? I am not sure what kind of amps this would draw...

Thanks!
    Hi

I have to admit I am not sure which will be brighter. I have built some DD SST 90's that Big Chelis has measured at close to 1000 lumen but realize this is for a Short time. I have nto had any of the XML's measured but they are much more efficient. I have not had any McClickies melt but I have heard of some. I wish I had more info but as I said I have not had any melt. I have the top binned 5700k SST 90 equal to coolwhite in flux bins if wanted.

I don't think you would have too much problems as FM runs a direct drive SST 90

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by psychbeat View Post
    ^^^
    Noctis melted a McClicky with a DD90 but he had soldered thick copper wire to the spring for less resistance and done a few other things.

Also, you might want to send Bic C a PM or do a search for his "burn in" method for SST90 which lowers the VF.

I've been considering a DD90module too for a HL host that runs on 4x18650 in parallel. I'm not sure I'd be able to have any modes tho unless it had a resistor or something or maybe Dave could short a driver out so that it would be DD on high?

I'll try a 3.5 XM-L first (unless it's too late then 3.1)
    I'm wondering how much gain there is going to 3.5 over 3.1 assuming the batteries don't sag 4x 3100mah Panasonics?

Hi

I will open your package and add a resistor no problem. As for levels on direct drive, any levels added to direct drive will certainly cost amps since there has to be a way to protect the micro processor, I used to order direct drive and they worked well but they did cost a small amount of amperage no doubt about it.
    I would be very careful using using a direct drive for a 4X18650 parallel set up, they will often furnish well more amperage than wanted since parallel adds amperage but not voltage. We have had some problems just using 2X 18650 IMR in parallel. There is a limit as to what a module will sustain. As I have many times said, we use a 3 oz heatsink in a maglite for SST 90's while mailing package and all is only about 2 Oz for modules, potting will only help so much. That is just one way to show that modules only have so much heat sink abilities not matter what you do to them. Best way to determine is do you want a WOW or user light as one will be able to run much longer than the other.

As for regulated and the 4X set up that should not be a problem and as I said I will add another resistor.

Dave

Sorry Dave - I probably am confusing things. I meant a resistor as a way for mods on a prospective DD module.

The 2mode 3.1a XM-L I ordered wouldnt need one as its regulated yeah?

Or did u mean it needs a resistor as I'll be using it with 1s4p 18650 mostly?

I was saying in my earlier post in reply to yer new 3.5a option that if it wasn't too late I'd be down with trying that but if it was built n potted already not to worry.
    I doubt 3.5a is all that much brighter than 3.1a.

Sorry if I have confused things

With the HL host being somewhat beefy and finned+ the cells being remote, constant use outside on my bike helmet @3.1 seems relatively safe.

It's usually 45-55 here at night.

Quote Originally Posted by psychbeat View Post
    Sorry Dave - I probably am confusing things. I meant a resistor as a way for mods on a prospective DD module.

The 2mode 3.1a XM-L I ordered wouldnt need one as its regulated yeah?

Or did u mean it needs a resistor as I'll be using it with 1s4p 18650 mostly?

I was saying in my earlier post in reply to yer new 3.5a option that if it wasn't too late I'd be down with trying that but if it was built n potted already not to worry.
    I doubt 3.5a is all that much brighter than 3.1a.

Sorry if I have confused things

With the HL host being somewhat beefy and finned+ the cells being remote, constant use outside on my bike helmet @3.1 seems relatively safe.

It's usually 45-55 here at night.
    Hi

I understand question, the 3.5 amp will be fine in the host you want to use it with and yes I have to add a resistor to the regulated driver to get it to the amperage requested.

Thanks

Dave

Ooops my bad
    Im reading a NEETS navy electronics manual slowly learning about electronics and still don't totally understand how a buck driver works or linear regulator etc.
    I'm going to get me self edjuhmukated soon.

More 7135s=more amps and 3x 1.4nanjg boards crammed in for 4.2 assuming
    Anyways I'll post a ? Thread on the electronics board and stop clogging up yer sales space.

Thanks for offering these new high amp options!!
    Last edited by psychbeat; 11-17-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Dave,
    I would like to buy a 2.8-6 volts only
    XML-U2 bin 1A Cool White

3.1 Amp
    3 level low/med/hi regulated
    LOP reflector Potted with tape
    $45
    Will use in FM Cooly
    Last edited by mandrake; 11-17-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Flashaholic*

My XM-L Neutral White drop in arrived today and I am very impressed with the tint, quality and service. Thanks for producing and selling such a great product! Keep up the great work!

Flashaholic*

Hi Dave,
    I'd like:

XR-E Neutral White (Q45B or similar alternate),
    TIR / 8 degree Optic,
    3.6-8.4V Regulated,
    3-Mode (High/Med/Low), with Memory,
    Potted, and copper-taped,

For use in a SolarForce L2P (forward clicky),
    Running on 2x CR123 (with a battery magazine to minimize rattle/motion.)
    Standard 1st-class shipping.
    $42.
    Paypal Sent.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    I have the top binned 5700k SST 90 equal to coolwhite in flux bins if wanted.

Dave
    Hi Dave
    I have just got a few new 26650 host and would like to use some DD SST-90's 1x D26 1x D36.
    My Question is can you order in any 6500K Cool White ?
    I already have one of your 5700K SST-90's and would like a cooler one if possible?

thanks
    WTB: Surefire -6, DARPA DEF3A, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Hi Dave,
    I would like it for my FM Cooly.
    T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
    3.5 amps
    OP Reflector
    Last edited by rgbgum; 11-25-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Hi Dave
    I have just got a few new 26650 host and would like to use some DD SST-90's 1x D26 1x D36.
    My Question is can you order in any 6500K Cool White ?
    I already have one of your 5700K SST-90's and would like a cooler one if possible?

thanks
    Hi

I will check and see if they have some now. The last time they did not have the WN flux bin which is why I ordered the 5700k emitters.

I will let you know in awhile.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rgbgum View Post
    Hi Dave,
    I would like it for my FM Cooly.
    T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
    3.5 amps
    OP Reflector

How much is shipping to Taiwan?
    Hi

1st class Int is $5, priority mail Int is $15 and I would have to check how much for express mail but if I remember right close to $30

Dave

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast