Question Sure Fire

kcustomii

Newly Enlightened
I have an old surefire 8x flashlight that is over 15yrs old have replaced the battery in it a couple of times other than that it is all original. I would like to know if there is a way to make a replacement battery or have a replacement battery made? A battery stick or multiple batteries are fine but most likely if it is multiples I will need a charger also. i a m a noob to building flashlights but I do understand circuitry and fell that it should be a simple task just dont have the background for part acquisitions. I have spoke with surefire and they have discontinued the battery the charger and the light and have made all direct replacement parts obsolete.

Any asssitance would be a great help and any guidance is appreciated.

Norm

Retired Administrator
:welcome:

Moved to Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included - Norm

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
I have not purchased one of these, but they claim that it will work. If the photo is accurate, I don't think that it will work. The B90 has to have both poles on the top to work. They look like the Stinger batteries.

edit: I just sent them an email for clarification. I have been looking for B90 replacements for a while.

Last edited:

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
I have not purchased one of these, but they claim that it will work. If the photo is accurate, I don't think that it will work. The B90 has to have both poles on the top to work. They look like the Stinger batteries.

edit: I just sent them an email for clarification. I have been looking for B90 replacements for a while.

I have ordered two of these and will be receiving them this week. I have an 8NX that I will be trying these in. Actually I ordered them not closely looking at the photos, It does look as if there is no negative ring. I hope they work, but if not I will send them back. I will post a note up when they arrive.

kcustomii

Newly Enlightened
Thank you that be great I really like the light and it has worked well for many years, and it has many years left if I can just get a battery.

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
The next issue will be replacing the lamp assembly. I have a spare, but after that I am SOL.

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
I received an email response from them as they claim that photo is accurate. I am interested in whether it will work as a replacement for the Surefire rechargeables

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
Just want to let folks know the batteries I ordered as B90 replacements, DO NOT WORK. There is no negative contact for the lamp spring. I have decided to abandon this search. The SF still runs about 25 minutes on the one survivng battery. When it or the lamp goes poof, maybe I will try some more complex mod. I have enough in the batteries now that I could have bought a new light with twice the lumen and none of the battery issues. Other than my eneloops, I think Im done with rechargeables.

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
I think that the Stinger batteries would work if one were to solder a 9 volt nipple to the top of the battery.

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
They do work in the light, but not with the charger. At least that is my understanding.