Lost my H51w!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subject line says it all... Not even sure how it happened.

I'm working in Iowa right now while my family is still back in California. I went back last week to visit them for a few days, and it somehow disappeared in that time. I've asked my wife to look for it, but so far no dice. I can't find it anywhere else either, in my apartment, my office, etc. I'm pretty bummed about it, as it was one of my favorites.

I guess what this means though is that I'll have to buy something else to replace it. :D That's a nice thought, but another hit on my CC is gonna have the wife on me about it... :(

TheEpeter

Newly Enlightened
Sucks to be you, but now you get to go shopping, so it may not suck as bad :D

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I can relate. I got a LD20 stolen from me while taking a shower in a public restroom. It was literally 3 feet away from me when it happened. I couldn't believe my stupidity..
On another note.. If I were to lose my sc51c, I wouldn't have to do any shopping around because I would just buy another. Out of my small, but growing, collection it's my favorite.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bummer. Sorry to hear it. Zebralights are something that need to be bought in spares, however, for this very eventuality. I have three H501w's sitting around just in case. They are called PNRs, or "pre-need replacements."

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sucks to lose your light. I lost my H501 about two months ago. I wore it around the neck before (there is no way you can lose it there). But I replaced it with the H51w and just tossed it in the side cargo pocket carelessly. Never again.

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
That stinks! :(

But now you can decide if you want to opt for the F version, or C... or wait a little until the 502 comes out (but who knows how long until W version will be out).

I kept loosing my black mini mag all the time... I think it would be lost more often than not. I'd always find it days/weeks later. But I didnt edc it, with my H51w I edc it so its usually either on me or on the nightstand, etc, and I dont have to remember where I put it the last time I used it weeks ago. Infact I havent been able to find my mini mag since summer... it might be gone for good this time. But now with the H51w I dont really have any use for the minimag so I wont loose sleep over it.

ryguy24000

Enlightened
Sorry about your loss. New beginnings are abound...I think you need that new 502 or a Spark now!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the sympathy guys... :) The thing that bugs me about it most is that I just have no clue as to when it disappeared... I remember using it to dig some stuff out of the linen cupboard that's in the bathroom of my IA apartment, and putting it in my EDC bag, but can't remember what I did with it after that. I'm hoping that it's back home with my wife and kids and just that no one has found it yet.

DIΩDΣ;3776808 said:
That stinks! :(

But now you can decide if you want to opt for the F version, or C... or wait a little until the 502 comes out (but who knows how long until W version will be out).

I kept loosing my black mini mag all the time... I think it would be lost more often than not. I'd always find it days/weeks later. But I didnt edc it, with my H51w I edc it so its usually either on me or on the nightstand, etc, and I dont have to remember where I put it the last time I used it weeks ago. Infact I havent been able to find my mini mag since summer... it might be gone for good this time. But now with the H51w I dont really have any use for the minimag so I wont loose sleep over it.

I have to admit, I'm really interested in the new 502 and 602 models, but yes, waiting for a W model is problematic... :/ I'm thinking that for my needs, a 502w is probably what would work best, although I could just cave and get a 501w instead...

Sorry about your loss. New beginnings are abound...I think you need that new 502 or a Spark now!

The new SD6 is interesting, but I don't like the body shape. I'd go with an ST6-460nw first. I've read you can pop the reflector out of them to make them full flood. But, I already have an ST5-190nw, and would be more likely to do a mod with that... I'd use the ST6 on my bike helmet, caving helmet, etc.

Decisions, decisions...

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
taking the reflector out of the ST6 is super easy. U just unscrew the bezel
and the reflector pops right out. the frosted lens seems to cut some of the
output- more than tape I think. Ive heard newer versions dont have the 5min
stepdown on "super" either which is a big plus in my book. mine barely gets
warm. the silicone mount is a little floppy but if you get the strap adjusted just
so it works ok.

the H600w would be cool but who knows when it will be out.

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
If I wanted a dedicated headlamp and 18650 the sparks seem pretty darn nice. :thumbsup:

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Bummer. Sorry to hear it. Zebralights are something that need to be bought in spares, however, for this very eventuality. I have three H501w's sitting around just in case. They are called PNRs, or "pre-need replacements."

Is a "PNR" a bit like a "pre-emptive counter-strike" ? ;)

I have a spare H501 (and 3 Ultrafire UF-H2b's just in case).

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is a "PNR" a bit like a "pre-emptive counter-strike" ? ;)

LOL... good analogy... :)

Gonna have to do that myself.

Right now though, I've decided to wait to replace my H51w... It might show up somewhere in a while, and my Spark ST5 does the job for me very well right now anyway. Truth be told, I really only used my H51w indoors or in situations where I don't need to wear a hat or a hood. I'm one of those people who feels naked without a baseball cap on, and ZL's just don't work well when you're wearing a cap; the body design on the Spark is much better for that.

In a few weeks I'll get an ST6-460nw regardless. That way I'll have a headlamp that will have loads of run time, have a form factor that will allow me to wear a cap, and also be bright enough to use for biking, caving, etc.

Latest posts