Tri-EDC LE ?

nbp

Flashaholic
I read somewhere that there has been driver changes along the way, and I'm curious, do Tri EDCs now have the H-M-L or L-M-H sequence? Do they have memory mode? Can a smart person (not me) change mode sequences or drive levels on one of these if you want it different than the way it comes?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere that there has been driver changes along the way, and I'm curious, do Tri EDCs now have the H-M-L or L-M-H sequence? Do they have memory mode? Can a smart person (not me) change mode sequences or drive levels on one of these if you want it different than the way it comes?

I can't vouch for the new ones, but if you pick up an early Tri-EDC with the Lux-RC module, you can then buy a L334 module to swap into it with emy emitter or firmware or mode sequence you like.

I think a 1100mA Nichia 219 4500k HCRI L334 with start on low and no mode memory should be pretty awesome :)

Flucero28

Enlightened
The new ones are using a completely different setup. The driver is now a nanjg 2.8A or 1.4A depending on the customers preference, and the triple is a luxdrive 3up. I've been re-programming this driver for custom modes and it's made my copper tri so much better. The low mode was flat out too bright. PM me if interested.

nbp

Flashaholic
Flucero28 said:
The new ones are using a completely different setup. The driver is now a nanjg 2.8A or 1.4A depending on the customers preference, and the triple is a luxdrive 3up. I've been re-programming this driver for custom modes and it's made my copper tri so much better. The low mode was flat out too bright. PM me if interested.

I heard you might be the guy to talk to about such a thing..a little birdie told me. ;)

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks brother! :thumbsup: Just waiting to get a hit. Looking for a Ti Tri HI CRI. At some point maybe I'll expand my search to a neutral, but right now I'm hoping for HI CRI still. I kinda think not too many were made though.