AW 18650 and Xtar WP6 Mk II

Moriarty

Newly Enlightened
I am new to the world of high power flashlights.

Upto now my most powerful lights have been various 4D and 6D Maglites customised with 3 LED Terralux units.

I have just ordered a Jetbeam RRT-3 3XML and my question relates to batteries.

I had always thought that all lithium batteries were the same but it is clear from browsing this forum that there are many chemical permutations of lithium batteries.

I shortly will have an Xtar WP6 Mk II charger and just wanted to check that it will be fine for charging the latest AW 18650 2900 cells that I am planning to buy ?

Before ordering the WP6, I researched the world of chargers, discounted the new Intellicharge and gave up on the idea of a Pila IBC, because it is not currently available in the UK.

Moriarty

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply.

I could only find ledfiretorches as a Pila stockist in the UK and as you say they are out of stock.

I shall see how I get on with the Xtar WP6 Mk II, which does have the advantage of charging all three 18650's at the same time.

The world of lithium chargers seems to be a nightmare, which I was not aware of previously having charged over many years numerous lithium camera batteries of various makes and sizes in various OEM chargers.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't let the idea of not being able to buy a Pila in the UK dissuade you from using one of the most highly regarded chargers on this board.

Post a "WTB" ad on the MP, and you will probably find one, and pay less than if it were brand new.

aseb

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't let the idea of not being able to buy a Pila in the UK dissuade you from using one of the most highly regarded chargers on this board.

Post a "WTB" ad on the MP, and you will probably find one, and pay less than if it were brand new.

I've been looking too. Cheapest I've found is on ebay (item 250958706263 ) @ £17.59 despatched from a UK warehouse although foreign seller. Other sellers/names used doing the same charge £20.
Cheapest UK seller seemed to be
t​
at £20.
I'm less sure about one of their batteries- I've seen tests of the 3000mAh ultrafire 18650's only giving around 1000mAh - check