PK Design Lab
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 85 CRI Peaks

Default Re: 85 CRI Peaks

Finally tried all the battery adapters with my Logan. All work great. This light could replace all my lights. Of course what fun would that be.

I did notice that with the moddoo clip installed, the QTC specific switches can barely reach max output in the switches travel. With the basic momentary switch with end removed there is plenty of room for full range output selection even with the head unscrewed quite a bit. Something to consider if your going to be adding a pocket clip.

Flashaholic*

I received my hi CRI lights a few days ago, i like them!, the warm tint is very comfortable for the eyes, close up tasks are great with the Eiger, and warmer colors (pink, red, orange, yellow, etc) do stand out more while cooler colors are still being rendered usefully, tried it outside in the park at night and i really like it, cooler tints seem to glare quite a bit more than these warmer beams (havent got the chance to try it outside the city yet), still wanting to try them in mist or rain (should be able to in about a week or so from now).

Thanks Dan! (sent you a mail via OR and a PM)

Flashaholic

Why don't oveready sell the Peak Eiger with any head at all?
    They only sell the body??

Neither highCri nor normal head is available.
    Maglite 3D // MTE SSC-P7-C // 47's Quark 123˛ NW XP-G R4 // HDS Rotary R1S-200 + Lee Filter 206 quarter CT orange // 4Seven's Preon 2 highCRI SaTi // green Thrunite Ti

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
    Why don't oveready sell the Peak Eiger with any head at all?
    They only sell the body??

Neither highCri nor normal head is available.
    The Eiger Penlight (2xAAA) is available complete, the other options were available too but there must have been many buyers getting only heads so there are only bodies left for those options.

Flashaholic

So if I pay a 10$ premium over the 58$ of a 1xAAA, I'm still able to get a highCri 1xAAA (configure the 2xAAA as shown in the pic).
    So, why can't I get it for 58$ in the 1xAAA product page?

Maglite 3D // MTE SSC-P7-C // 47's Quark 123˛ NW XP-G R4 // HDS Rotary R1S-200 + Lee Filter 206 quarter CT orange // 4Seven's Preon 2 highCRI SaTi // green Thrunite Ti

Flashaholic*

Someone must have made a mistake on the making of the options in the page, contact Dan, i am sure he will make it right, Oveready is a very straight and honest online distributor/vendor.

Dan CPF handle is ElectronGuru

Sorry for the confusion. Unshipable options disappear automatically as stock runs low/out.

We should have more Eiger heads next weekend.

Flashaholic*

Went on a trip to Cuzco and had the chance to use the lights a bit, i must admit that i was hoping to use the lights more but local lighting was adecuate, and my tour was during the day.

the High CRI excels on bringing detail and the predominant warm colors on manual craft of the artisans, one artist i met there noted when i was checking one of the mate burilados (its a hard shell from a pumpkin like vegetable carved by hand with a small pointy tool) with my high CRI eiger that he could work at night with this kind of light as it brings the details of the carving, before seeing the light he said he could only work on sunlight because he also doesnt like the glare of the incandescent bulbs of the wash out of the fluorescent tubes, he also said he doesnt do this kind of work anymore because its too tiring for his eyes and his eyesight is not what it used to be, i will post a picture of the mate later, the finished product has the details enhanced by black paint going into the carvings and then its washed so only the lines look black, without this process the lines of the carvings get confused with the background color of the vegetable and its harder to work on.

Also for outdoors the warm tint works very nicely and is way less tiring to the eyes, i was a bit afraid that the warm tint would wash out the light blues and blues, also the greys, but they still look good.

Does anyone have a rough idea of how many lumens an OR high CRI Eiger running on eneloop AAAs would give... low and high?

Enlightened

What is the typical beam shape of a Logan? Last night I got my first Peak, a 17500 high CRI. The tint is beautiful, but the beam has a ton of artifacts and is very asymmetrical, almost star shaped. Is this normal?
    Last edited by benzz; 12-08-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by africanexperience View Post
    Does anyone have a rough idea of how many lumens an OR high CRI Eiger running on eneloop AAAs would give... low and high?
    Not sure what the output is on high with eneloops. If you ask OR they'll be more than happy to help you answer that question. On low I can't give you exact numbers, but it'll get really low with the QTC... I want to say <1 lumen.

Quote Originally Posted by benzz View Post
    What is the typical beam shape of a Logan? Last night I got my first Peak, a 17500 high CRI. The tint is beautiful, but the beam has a ton of artifacts and is very asymmetrical, almost star shaped. Is this normal?
    If you're whitewall hunting, yes there is a definite star shape around the outer corona. I honestly didn't notice this until I put the light really close to the wall.

If it's REALLY artifacty, then I would ask for an exchange or return. Not sure who you bought it from but Oveready has a return policy that is second to none.
    Last edited by dudemar; 12-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by benzz View Post
    Yes, this is normal. It is the optic. In actual use (with no white walls around), you will find the beam very useful. Take it for a walk!

If you want an artifact free beam, you have to go with the wide optics which are flood lights and my personal favourite.

eala

Enlightened

Thanks for the help! It was more the star shape that had me startled, but you are right eala, went outside and it's pretty nice. I need to get a 17500 for this little guy as soon as possible, all I've ran it on this far is an energizer ultimate lithium primary. Seems to be very similar in output as my warm white mini CR2 (both fresh primaries). What do people recommend in these Logans, an AW?

Did peak make any high CRI in a wide beam? I love floody lights too, I've carried my McGizmo Sundrop for the past year or so.

Flashaholic*

benzz,

You really should get 17500s for the Logan, the output and runtime is in a whole other league compared to any type of AA, i use AW protected 17500 (black ones) and i think is the recommended battery.

i exclusively run 17500s in my Logans but the AA compatibility for me is a must, as in case of emergency i can immediately use a very easy to find battery, trust me, if you start using 17500 you will only use AA in emergency cases only, besides it will rattle a lot less.

This is one reason the 17500 QTC Logan is my favorite EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by manoloco View Post
    benzz,

You really should get 17500s for the Logan, the output and runtime is in a whole other league compared to any type of AA, i use AW protected 17500 (black ones) and i think is the recommended battery.

i exclusively run 17500s in my Logans but the AA compatibility for me is a must, as in case of emergency i can immediately use a very easy to find battery, trust me, if you start using 17500 you will only use AA in emergency cases only, besides it will rattle a lot less.

This is one reason the 17500 QTC Logan is my favorite EDC.
    You might want to invest in the multi-cell adapter set which allows the use of AAA/10440. CR123/16340, and AA/14500 (no rattle) in a Logan 17500. It is fairly inexpensive at $20 for the versatility it provides.

Can someone give me a hand?

I am trying to find out how the Logan CR123 CRI tint / output compare to a M61W / 3700k with Hi/Lo switch. Is it possible to get a beamshot of the two? Or just the Logan CRI compared to the standard Logan?

Thanks.