• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

85 CRI Peaks

Curt R

Enlightened
We have just received some 85 CRI LEDs in from our supplier.

These are XPGWHT-P1-7D2-Q2-0-09 Warm/Neutral White.
7D2 indicates that they are 3000 Kelvin color temp.
P1 is 85 CRI minimum.
Q2 is 87.5 minimum Lumens at 350 mA.

We can install these in the Eiger, El Cap, Volcan and the Logan.
Special order for the Night Patrol 300, First Responder 400 and the
Search and Rescue 450.

1.5 battery volts is 52 Lumens
3.0 battery volts is 130 Lumens
3.7 battery volts is 195 Lumens
NP, FR and SR lights output is 290 Lumens, bare bulb at 1.5 Amps
of drive current.

These would be good for medical examinations and determining
proper color coding of wires in electrical systems.

If there is any interest reply here is this thread.

Curt

archimedes

Flashaholic
How much would a Logan HighCRI-head cost? I just ordered a Logan SS 17500 that should be arriving today....

Will these be made available through Bob at RMSK, or only directly through you at Peak?

How long for delivery?

Thanks!

manoloco

Enlightened
I would buy a Logan high CRI to complement my 17500 QTC Logans, hope this will be distributed also by Oveready, i like their service and also they ship international at a very reasonable price; they also have a history with high CRI Peaks, since they sold the Eiger high CRI heads.

I think for high CRI a good amount of lumens would benefit more the possible practical uses. the Logan is the one that handles in a small size the best output/voltage range with a good beam pattern.

Curt R

Enlightened
No price difference as we were able to get them at about the same
price as the regular XPG LEDs in the cool white area.

They will be available through our dealers.

Curt

DrZoid

Banned
No price difference as we were able to get them at about the same
price as the regular XPG LEDs in the cool white area.

They will be available through our dealers.

Curt

Who are your dealers?

manoloco

Enlightened
3000k is a bit too yellow for me, will something around 5000-6000K with high CRI be available in the near future?

bleagh

Newly Enlightened
Was about to complain that there were only cool QTC lites, and then I see this.
What I have been waiting for is a POCKET style Eiger in either neutral or warm (prefer neutral...) with wide flood mode...???
High CRI is even better!

Any chance of pocket style Eiger with QTC using one of these...?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
3000k is a bit too yellow for me, will something around 5000-6000K with high CRI be available in the near future?

CRI is not a direct measure of color rendering. It is a measure of how closely an LED gets to reproducing how well an incan renders color. The cooler you get, the harder CRI is to achieve. The best XPGs as high as 4300 are only 80 CRI. At 85, that drops to 3200K.

In for a Logan.

Any chance of pocket style Eiger with QTC using one of these...?

2 AAA Eiger in SS with a QTC would be perfect!

Once heads are ready in both sizes (14/17mm), they can be joined with any/all supported body configurations.

archimedes

Flashaholic
CRI is not a direct measure of color rendering. It is a measure of how closely an LED gets to reproducing how well an incan renders color. The cooler you get, the harder CRI is to achieve. The best XPGs as high as 4300 are only 80 CRI. At 85, that drops to 3200K....

I thought that Don (McGizmo) had some specially-binned Nichia emitters with better specs than this? Such as a Nichia 083 at 92+ CRI and 5500K, and a Nichia 119 at 92 CRI and 4500-4950K ....

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?298253-Nichia-High-CRI-119-LED

As you note, however, these are not XP-G's, and these special Nichia emitters are rather low flux.

bleagh

Newly Enlightened
Yes, but last I check there were still no pocket style Eigers with QTC. The other Eigers are just too long for an AAA light.