EDC messenger bag

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
Just wondering what everyone uses as an EDC bag.

I've been using an older slingbag but it just doesn't carry everything I want it to and i hate slingbags in general.

What are you using and carrying in it?

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
maxpedition mongo is my bag. (got some tools in pocket pouch. book for reading. gloves and hat for cold days. deo-stick, small FAK, duct tape, paracord, spork, trashbag, flashlight, lighter, pen pencil sharpie and notepad, to name most.. and i still keep the main compartment empty for the stuff i might need to carry that day.. i can fit my lunchbox and soda bottle in there too.)

i might go for something larger if i would need to carry a laptop (maxped larkspur maybe?) but as i dont have to the mongo is enough.. even if it is a sling bag..

i cant get around to use a backpack.. i look goofy with one and it takes me ages to put on if its fitted to sit tight to the back when on, like they should be.. so i would likely try to carry it by the shoulder straps in my hand.. so its more convinient for me to have the one sling that i can throw around my head if i need to go little longer way than few meters.

carrot

Flashaholic
I love messenger bags. Fast access to my stuff and faster to sling onto my back.

I carry a Crumpler Western Lawn if I'm just carrying my laptop and a few small items (bottle, Buff, charger)
or my super heavy duty Chrome Metropolis if it's heavy precipitation or I need to carry more than a few items. Chrome is plenty big enough for multi-day trips, and so sturdy that it's clearly going to last a lifetime, if not several.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
Id love a 5.11 Rush in 15" or 13.5" size. I don't need to carry my 17" everyday so it'd be too big for
EDC as my work laptop is only 11" wide.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
I've handled the timbuk2 bags and I just don't feel their price : quality is that good.

Looking for something a bit different tho, not sure what I want yet, just looking for ideas.

carrot

Flashaholic
I've handled the timbuk2 bags and I just don't feel their price : quality is that good.

Looking for something a bit different tho, not sure what I want yet, just looking for ideas.
If you like the messenger bag style like Timbuk2, etc, look to Chrome for truly durable and well-designed messengers. Crumpler is also pretty good but their bags aren't quite as thoughtfully designed as Chrome.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
I've handled the Timbuk2 bags before but I just don't like the firmness of the material and how the bag stays rigid.

I picked up an Everest bag off amazon but it's bit too small for my use, it's 11" and wish it was closer to 13". it's soft cotton canvas that breaks in nicely over time.

I'm using an Ogio bag now but it's like a timbuk2 in terms of rigidity. wish it was more canvas soft.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've got two.

County Comm BOB XL and the Jack Sack. (Jack Bower O.D. green military style messenger bag that he had in Season 2. Made by Rothco. It's either the same model or a damn close copy.)

buds224

Enlightened
I have several but always find myself going back to the Maxpedition Fatboy. Very versatile and rugged. Lots of pockets for EDC gear and large storage for other items.

That guy

Newly Enlightened
Im new to the 5.11 rush messenger bag and love it so far. For me it was between the maxpedition larkspur and the rush messenger and right on cue I found one on sale here in my hometown so that was the deal breaker. 9.5/10. Well thought out bag and great quality.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
thanks for that forum link. I think the 5.11 rush is def going to be my replacement messenger bag.