Please recommend a USB thermocouple (thermometer) with data logging software

sygyzy

Enlightened
Hi,

I would like to get a USB thermocouple/thermometer which can be hooked up to a Windows machine and includes data logging software. It doesn't have to be super accurate but maybe to the 0.5 degree would be nice. I am not sure what prices run but would like something affordable since I will only be using this in very rare occasions. What's a reliable brand and supplier?

Thanks.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Off hand I don't know of any that I can recommend as I have not ever used one but from what I see from a quick scan it looks like the cheapest ones are in the $20-$25 range and up from there.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Syg,

What you're looking for is fairly $$$. Most of the temp loggers I use are simple pager sized units that you place inside what you want to datalog the temp. At best they're accurate to +/- 1 C even with careful calibration. A similar unit w/ a remote thermocouple adds another $50 to $100 to the price. Here's a link to one vendor I've used in the past.

http://www.****sondata.com/products/find/temperature/data-logger

sygyzy

Enlightened
Thanks for your help ^Gurthang. The products you linked to are super expensive but I think that might be because they include hardware that records and displays results. I don't need or want this. I want a probe that connects to the USB port of my computer. Then I can use my computer to log and monitor the data with Windows software.