Is there a CR123A EDC which has a true 75 - 100 yards throw.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the title ask, now that I have my foundation or daily used flashlights covered.

SWM V10R and ThruNite TN11

I'd like to expand my EDC flashlight rotation with a single CR123A light with a UI of either a rotary output selector or one which will switch outputs by loosening the head.

I'm absolutely not looking for a light which I have to tighten-loosen to change outputs or one that has you go through the entire output range, including the strobe to select the output I'd like to use.

I'm looking at the following, but not sure about the throw/spill, but not looking at a spot or one without a spill;

* Nitecore Infilux
* Jetbeam Raptor RRT-0 S2
* Hetbeam BC10 (not sure if I want a limited hi-lo)
* HDS Rotary

Thanks for the time and suggestions.

davyro

Enlightened
Funny enough ive got a TN11 as well,ive also got an HDS rotary & guess what i can't decide wether to get a Nitecore Infilux IFE1 or a swm V10R
what i can give you a bit of advice on is the HDS rotary its a quality bit of kit,infact its bomb proof,i know its an expensive choice but i'd put
money on it outlasting every light me & you own or want to own,also you do get a good 75/100 yds beam as well as a very good spill out of it.
I've just bought a cheap EDC for work purposes(i work in construction) a xeno so thats why i'm probably going to go for the more expensive
Nitecore IFE1 myself but the SWM v10r Ti has got me :shrug: i don't know i'll end up doing what true flashaholics do & end up with both & a ear
bashing from the wife:whistle:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny enough ive got a TN11 as well,ive also got an HDS rotary & guess what i can't decide wether to get a Nitecore Infilux IFE1 or a swm V10R
what i can give you a bit of advice on is the HDS rotary its a quality bit of kit,infact its bomb proof,i know its an expensive choice but i'd put
money on it outlasting every light me & you own or want to own,also you do get a good 75/100 yds beam as well as a very good spill out of it.
I've just bought a cheap EDC for work purposes(i work in construction) a xeno so thats why i'm probably going to go for the more expensive
Nitecore IFE1 myself but the SWM v10r Ti has got me :shrug: i don't know i'll end up doing what true flashaholics do & end up with both & a ear
bashing from the wife:whistle:

Davyro, thanks on the HDS. Wasn't sure about the distance from watching the video review! I bought a Novatac Storm to see if I'd liked the design and how it felt, which I do. That Nitecore is mean looking though! ... LOL But the main area of what I'm looking for is the distance, as well as the UI!

varmint

Enlightened
Look at an Olight M20 other than my TN11 its hard to beat, batteries last along time also, it will light up a 100yd target very well, look at it!
PS. Tn11's are drying up rather than being available here in the USA. I like mine more every night, I am still on the 1st 18650 in it.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at an Olight M20 other than my TN11 its hard to beat, batteries last along time also, it will light up a 100yd target very well, look at it!
PS. Tn11's are drying up rather than being available here in the USA. I like mine more every night, I am still on the 1st 18650 in it.

Thanks, I had the M21 which I guess is the M20's kin. Great light, but I'm looking for a smaller config EDC to slip into my front pocket.

abinok

Newly Enlightened
I guess ill be the lone bc-10 vote so far. It's deeper reflector does a great job. Compared to the brighter rrt-0xml it is noticeably brighter past 50yds or so.
Lately I've been running mine from a imr rcr123. On this cell the low is as bright as the high on a cr123, but the high is stupid bright for a light this small. Heat becomes an issue on high, with the light becoming uncomfortably hot in less than 3 minutes. I like the combo so much I also swapped a bc10 head onto a ba10 body to give me the option of running it on imr 14500s, titanium innovations 14505 lithium primaries, as well as all the rechargable and primary AA cells out there. While this light is mounted on a rifle, its easily small enough to be pocketed as well.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess ill be the lone bc-10 vote so far. It's deeper reflector does a great job. Compared to the brighter rrt-0xml it is noticeably brighter past 50yds or so.
Lately I've been running mine from a imr rcr123. On this cell the low is as bright as the high on a cr123, but the high is stupid bright for a light this small. Heat becomes an issue on high, with the light becoming uncomfortably hot in less than 3 minutes. I like the combo so much I also swapped a bc10 head onto a ba10 body to give me the option of running it on imr 14500s, titanium innovations 14505 lithium primaries, as well as all the rechargable and primary AA cells out there. While this light is mounted on a rifle, its easily small enough to be pocketed as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the JetBeam. I read SelfBuilt's review and for $40.00 bucks may be one to give a try. RIght now I'm on the fence on the HDS 200 Lumen Rotary or the EDC 170 Lumen Tactical with the golden dragon emitter.

Thanks again!