E1E abnormality or norm

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Got my first SF E1E today from Surefire M6 in a trade & was I amazed. First by it's size, it's really tiny, second by it's beam, I'm a real tight spot aholic and mine is really tight. At 12 feet it's less than a foot and it'll light up a fence across the street from my house at least 100 feet away almost as good as my 6P. I had not heard they had such a good spot. Is mine a fortunate aberation or do they all have a very good throw for a truly tiny light. Till now my EDC's have been a Scorpion and an ARC LS1 but I've put the Scorpion in a drawer at home for now. Can't wait for my E2E to get here. If it's as good as the E1E I may EDC 3 lights.

freewheelin'

Enlightened
smile.gif
sorry. thanx NERD.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The E1(e) beams are noted for their narrow tightness with little surround beam. All mine have beams like the one you describe.

Al

Darell

Flashaholic
The E1 is the perfect light for somebody who likes a tight beam. Personally I find it almost useless since I use lights for more up-close work. But for painting a dot on a fence at 100', the E1 is a mighty tight little light!

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I love mine and was amazed by its size too.
It's tight hotspot is awesome! And in a review
site it's rated 5 stars!

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E1 and it has a tight beam too. And throws out there pretty good just like you described. If you ever have a need for up close work with this light the beam shaper will do the trick.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
My my I never realized. I was not planning on getting one but this sure puts a new spin on it. Gotta go get me an E1e
grin.gif