How do the Zebralight SC31w compare to NW 4sevens XPG lights?

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I own a 4sevens 123-2 tactical with neutral white XP-G R4 emitter bought in October 2010.

Can you tell me, how the Zebralight Sc31w compares to this?

I really like the 4sevens NW I got, it has no visible green. It just is neutral an a bit yellowish on really white surfaces.

Biginboca

Newly Enlightened
Funny you ask, I just got my SC31w today and was comparing the beams about 10 mins ago. The SC31w is a bit more floody, which I like better. The hotspot on the quark is very tight. The tint on the SC31w is a bit whiter, not as yellow. Also the beam on the SC31 has less artifacts. When I rotate the lights and look at the beam on the ceiling I can tell the quark is rotating, but on the SC31w you can't even tell the light is rotating, the beam is just smooth. The low on the SC31w is much lower than the quark also, to my eyes its like half as bright. The second from lowest setting on the SC31w is similar to the lowest on the quark. On high the lights are similar with less throw on the SC31w.After comparing the 2 lights 10 mins ago I decided to retire the quark and might list it for sale. I like the tint and beam quality better on the sc31w.

Biginboca

Newly Enlightened
By the way, I should mention that I was comparing a 123x2 neutral head with a single 123 body and rcr123 batts in each light.

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Great, thanks for the comparison.
I think the sc31w might be, my next light.
I would take the sc31w with me everywhere in the front pocket of my pants (EDC). This isn't possible with the 4sevens 123-2 because of its 11,5cm/4,5inch length. That bothers me for EDC.