Malkoff Valiant Head

cubebike

Enlightened
Dear all

Help needed! I am getting a Malkoff Valiant soon. Beside of using Malkoff drop in, anyone try on other drop in? In my mind, the lumen factory E series LED ! However, i coil not find any specification(measurement) on both the malkoff valiant nor the LumenyFactory dropin.

Thank
cubebike

S1LVA

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure the VME heads are made specifically for the Malkoff drop-ins. You would either have to get lucky for another module to fit in, or modify the drop-in. I know I have read threads where people have modified their modules to fit into the VME head.

S1LVA

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a VME head and I've tried a P60 drop-in in it. The P60, otherwise known as a D26 drop-in, has a reflector diameter of 26 mm. The VME head internal diameter is around 25.4mm.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard tales of a Nailbender triple XPG being ever so slightly modified to fit. Perhaps because it doesn't use a reflector, it can be shaved down to fit.

cubebike

Enlightened
Thanks for all the info. i sent email to lumen factory and wanting to know the size of their E series led. will let u huy know the latest progress!

cheers

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried a modoo/torchlab triple xp-g in my vaiant head some time ago. It was a really tight fit, no room for the sticker. Had to use force and wiggle it down 1/2 mm at the time, getting it out of there was hell. You need to open up the hole in the front of the vme, its blocking out the outer eges of the optics. Did that with my md-2. The spring is too stiff or long to use with twisty body's. It was a singlemode, so it ended up in my md-2 head with a hi/lo ring.
IMG_4615ll.jpg

Its slightly longer than a malkoff module, so the gap between the parts of the head will be bigger.

cubebike

Enlightened
really a big project to fit the malkoff head with non malkoff drop in. i wait for the dimension of lumen factory E series first . if LF not going to work , i will use malkoff drop in then!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just go for the malkoff. The old m60wlf is my favorite drop in for my little vme twisty on a single 16340. Runs for more than 2 hours total with all the light i need. Use it almost everyday at work. The lumensfactory is cylidrical shaped more or less (from looking at pictures), you need a more conical shaped module like the makfoffs or torchlab to fit the vme.

You will need to open up the front on the vme head if you choose to go for any reflectored drop in module. The front will block the outer eges and you will loose lumens.
(exept the malkoff series since it got a smaller diameter reflector than the "normal" modules.)

De-Lux

Enlightened
You really can't beat the Malkoff drop-in terms of durability, tint, and it's flawless beam. I just received a drop-in for my surefire 6p and am totally amazed by it performance. Multiple levels would be nice at times but then again the simplicity of the Malkoff is part of it's appeal for me.