which LED is suitable for bedroom?

jallytony

Newly Enlightened
i like to keep the light on when i sleep in the bedroom,but when i turn the light on,i feel it is so bright that i can't get to sleep,if i turn off the light,i may be afraid,so what kind of LED should i choose?it should be small and has a cute style

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can look at the Fenix line of flashlights. Many of them have low lumen light settings. For example, the LD10 has a low level of 3 lumens and runs on 1 AA battery, but there are many brands that have this capability. Olight, 4sevens, etc.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
During a week that my city had no electricity, I used a Quark AA, on moonlight mode, in the bedroom when I slept. I wanted to have SOME light on, because I didn't want to fumble around in total darkness when I woke up, but not too much light.

I just left the Quark on moon mode and had it shining across my bedside end table where my glasses, phone, and other stuff were located. That way I could immediately locate and grab the important stuff in the middle of the night after waking up. When your eyes are fully night-adapted, the moon mode is plenty bright enough to see your way around a bedroom.

On a AA rechargeable battery, the Quark AA will run for 315 hours on moon mode (see thread ref. below). So at 10 hours per night, you're looking at about a full month between battery changes! There may be some slight runtime variation from one sample to the next, but they should all be pretty close to that I'd think. The runtime plot can be found in this thread, post 118.

4Sevens Quark Round-up Review: Q123, QAA, Q123-2, QAA-2 - RUNTIMES, COMPARISONS

Last edited:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, stick with lights that have a sub 1 lumen setting like the Quarks and the Zebralights. The Fenix lights are not low enough....after your eyes adjust for the dark my fenix LD10 and LD20 are just too bright (even my kids agree.) When we go camping all three of my kids require that I rig up a nightlight. I use either a quark or a zebra on the lowest setting which is usually around 0.1 or 0.2 lumens......perfect.

For your request I'd recommend either the "4sevens Quark AA" with the "Regular" UI (not the "tactical" one) or a "Zebralight SC51." Both will tail stand which works great for a nightlight with the light bouncing off the ceiling or tent a little. Also, with the quark you can get a "Fenix Camping Lampshade" & attach it to the head (it fits)....also nice. You can find both lights at goingear.com and the lampshade at fenixtactical.com. Check em out.

Last edited:

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
I suggest you have a look at the Safe light/Palight lights. The locator glow gives enough light to see (with dark adjusted eyes) but isn't bright enough to keep you awake. Supposed to last for a year on 1 battery. I like the wider beam of the "handyman" model. Available in a variety of colours.

I have 4 stashed around the house in case of a power failure. The Locator glow means I can just grab them straight away without fumbling around in the dark.

I gave one to a friend and he tells me it is very handy.

Last edited: