Aftermarket clip for nitecore ife2

dirtech

Enlightened
Has anyone figured out a better clip option for the IFE2? The stock one is a joke and was easily bent away from the body. I removed it as it's worthless and I really like having a pocket clip.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm a bit surprised to hear you say that, because one of the things I liked about the IFE2 was the attached pocket clip. It's supposedly a titanium alloy and seemed pretty strong to me, and I used it in my pocket for over a month with no issues.

Of course, that's the first pocket clip I've had, so maybe I haven't seen what a real clip is supposed to be like, but honestly, I found the included clip quite useful.

They do sell a replacement, but it sounds like you are looking for something beefier. Maybe somebody over on the custom forum can help you with that.

Other than that, how do you like the light?

dirtech

Enlightened
I like it alot. The output control mechanism is excellent and I liked your filter mod. I did accidentally destroy the filter when I took the head apart to examine it for a potential LED swap. Got finger smudges on it and when cleaning it with alcohol the dye came off in spots. All the more reason to put a high cri xpg in it. Without a workable clip this light would be a stay at home light/bedside table light, and I already have the perfect light for me in that role. So I may mod it and sell it, after playing with it for awhile. No complaints for the price I paid for it and the low is insanely low on par with the low achievable with my Logan QTC.

What happened was I lightly nudged my kitchen counter with the light in my pocket. I looked down to see the clip bent about a 1/2 inch away from the body.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that low on that light is amazing. I'll be interested to hear how your HiCRI XP-G mod comes out.

Oh, sorry to hear about the clip. Hmmmmm....... isn't that removable? Maybe you could take it off and bend it back into shape. Might be worth a try.

dirtech

Enlightened
Yes, I have done that, but I didn't put it back on. I'll let you know how the mod works out.