JETBeam PA10

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be another good one for titanium innovation's primary lithium AA's. Probably somewhere in between.

davecroft

Enlightened
Bugger. Believe it or not I have just come on the forum after ordering a BA10! Obsolete already??

That's a nice looking light. 4 modes and an XM-L. Hope it's not too cheap then I wont feel so bad about just spending $35 on the BA10. Still a bargain even if it is out of date. :(

pblanch

Enlightened
I do like the idea of a AA sized PA10 after my horrible tinted LD10. My Xenos E03 neutral and CW are the perfect tint, even better than my ZL SC600 (pre-order model) and gets more use than any light now (especially the neutral even thought I hated it at first) and the option of a 14500 when I really want to light things up yeah! I ahve also found 240 for 45 min is plenty of light for a turbo and like the better runtime but think 30min on 650 to be a good boost for only slightly less runtime.

I do really want the forward clicky as I find them most useful for me. Anyone else think the color of the tint on the runtime graph on the above link looks blue (ie not going risk buying until neutral come out)

Can I assume you dont get the lower levels when using a 14500?

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
Bugger. Believe it or not I have just come on the forum after ordering a BA10! Obsolete already??

That's a nice looking light. 4 modes and an XM-L. Hope it's not too cheap then I wont feel so bad about just spending $35 on the BA10. Still a bargain even if it is out of date. :(

PA10 costs 69$ at bugoutgear ....so it's not a competiton (or substitution) to budget BA10.

davecroft

Enlightened
Thanks coolperl.

Once I calmed down a bit and looked at the PA10 specs it was obvious that it is a much higher specced light than the BA10, so not a replacement. It costs twice as much so I'm happy with my BA10 order. It's on its way - now the waiting starts...

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
30mins runtime on a 14500, that's pretty crappy runtime

also no step down??? hmmm... why does the bigger BC25 (650 lumens for 5mins) auto steps down to 430???

aau007

Enlightened
30mins runtime on a 14500, that's pretty crappy runtime
I think the runtime is based on a 750mah 14500 battery. The truth is that you need so many mah to give so many lumens. If you think about it, that's really not bad comparing to some 18650 lights at about the same lumens level. 4x 14500 gives you a total of 3000mah and 2 hours runtime on the max 650lm. Or you can get a sc600 that runs on 18650 with less than 2 hours on 500lm and I was told the sc600 has an efficient circuit.

aau007

Enlightened
What I don't dig is the "user defined" mode. Can someone clarify this for me? May be my English is not that good.

The websit says "User-defined mode allows for customized brightness levels and a multitude of functions" but I found the manual online and this is quoted from the manual:

"Slightly loosening the flashlight head, the PA10
access User-defined mode. In this mode, lightly
press the switch rapidly to choose brightness
and functions from "Mid-Low-Lower low-Strobe-
SOS" circularly. Press the switch all the way down
when reach to a desired mode. User-defined
mode has memory function. It will memorize
the brightness/Strobe automatically each time
when you turn off the light."

How is that "user defined"? And I guess "customized brightness level" is customized by Jetbeam, not you. Forget about the multitude of functions for now.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
What I don't dig is the "user defined" mode. Can someone clarify this for me? May be my English is not that good.

The websit says "User-defined mode allows for customized brightness levels and a multitude of functions" but I found the manual online and this is quoted from the manual:

"Slightly loosening the flashlight head, the PA10
access User-defined mode. In this mode, lightly
press the switch rapidly to choose brightness
and functions from "Mid-Low-Lower low-Strobe-
SOS" circularly. Press the switch all the way down
when reach to a desired mode. User-defined
mode has memory function. It will memorize
the brightness/Strobe automatically each time
when you turn off the light."

How is that "user defined"? And I guess "customized brightness level" is customized by Jetbeam, not you. Forget about the multitude of functions for now.

I'm guessing that by"user defined" JB means that the brightness level is selectable from 1 of the 5 modes. It does not mean it is user programmable like the IBS system. It sounds like a simple translation error. If you have a Jetbeam PA40 these should function in a similar fashion when going through the brightness levels.

Hope that helps,
Flavio

aau007

Enlightened
Flavio, thanks for the clarification and that's what I thought too. They should have said "USER selects Jetbeam DEFINED mode". :D Their language just got me jumping when I thought they were bringing IBS back from the graveyard. I do have a few questions on this light that I don't see mentioning.

1. When using 14500, does the brightness at H,M,L,LL stay the same as when using AA? There is no other stepping available between 140lm and 650lm, correct?
2. As far as I can understand from the manual, 650lm is only available in tactical mode when tightening the head. What happens to this mode when you are using AA battery? Does the light just come on at the AA High mode of 140lm or does it not turn on at all because you don't have a 14500 in there?
3. When using 14500 in tactical mode (650lm), is the light current regulated or direct drive?

Last edited:

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
I think the new series of lights look great. I think I'm going to get the pa10. Today is the first I have heard anything about them, now I'm going to go nuts until I get one. Thanks everyone...=)

pjsaleen266

Newly Enlightened
I was going to pre order one of these but I want to stick with just 2 battery types( 123 &18650) So I pre ordered a ajetbeam PC-20& PC-10.

Bug out gear has them for pre order.........CPFJET gets you 15% off!

AutoTech

Enlightened
Is this not a mistake then?

I saw them in market place and assumed jetbeam had mixed up the outputs. The single AA puts out 650 lumens and the 2xcr123 puts out 410 lumens?