Banggood Network
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RRT3 vs TM11

Flashaholic*

Default Re: RRT3 vs TM11

For all those with the RRT3, could you please chime in about beam tint? As in is it green or warm or cool? Ringy pattern? Thanks!

The RRT-3 Triple XM-L is neutral-ish, if I'm not wong.
    Up close, heaps of rings, but in the distance, you don't notice - seems fine...

Flashaholic

I'd say mine is neutral to cool... Definitely a 'white' light. As for rings, you can see the profile of them via the different brightness from the center on out. Sometimes I find this useful when trying to cast
    light while not blinding a situation if I need to go from far to close illumination.

Flashaholic*

Thanks guys

Enlightened

I would agree with the others that mine is neutral to cool white. I was also very concerned about rings in the beam pattern before I purchased mine but thankfully I have hardly noticed any rings in my beam pattern at all. Overall, I am very happy with this light and happy that it puts out a lot of light. I wanted a light that would light up my entire back yard and that is what I got and more. Also, no issues with the light dropping out of the highest setting after having it on for 20 minutes.

Does the RRT3 have issues like the TM11? I ordered a TM11 last week and it's back to the supplier since it started flickering after about 10 minutes of use and completely died shortly after that; I never got to try it in the dark. Reading this I might get myself a RRT3 instead? What's your opinion: wait for a new TM11 or change to the RRT3? Does Nitecore read this forum; I would expect so. I would also expect some assurance that they have their QC under control; my supplier is waiting for a new batch of TM11's and I would hate it if I get another defective light.

Another vote for the RRT3....I love mine, it is the perfect light if you want a bigger light!
    Fenix TK35 & 75 / Eagtac TX25C2/Jetbeam RRT-0/Fenix TK10 /Nitecore EC25/Olight S10/Photon Rexlight / ...and on and on!!

No problems with my RRT3 at all and I use it everyday...could not be happier with this light.

Enlightened

As stated earlier in this thread, I am very happy with my RRT3 XML and have had no issues or problems with it. I had mine on turbo for about 20min (outside in cooler temperatures) without any flickering or dropping to a lower setting. It did get pretty warm but I was still able to hold on to it with my hand (in fact it served as a nice hand warmer in these cooler winter temps!). I had also been debating between the TM11 and the RRT3 XML and chose to go with the RRT3 as I thought it would handle the turbo mode for a longer period of time and I really prefered the ring selector over the single button of the TM11 (my opinion). And while the RRT3 is a larger light than the TM11, it is still much smaller compared to the TK70 or the SR92 (both great lights but very large). In fact, I think the RRT3 XML, for a triple XML light, is the perfect size, for me, as it is easy to hold and switch modes while wearing gloves (less of an issue in warmer weather).

Since I've seen them side by side I have decided to wait it out and have another go with the Tiny Monster.

RRT3: 3*18650; forward switch; tactical
    TM11: 4*18650; red light power indicator; small & light

I think you would not prefer to carry RRT3 with you so often cause it is too heavy, TM11 will be better.

I now own both and think I may prefer the TM11 a little more...but they are both great lights! I tend to like lights with side switches the best.

I had the TM11 and on my second unit return, the retailer took it in on trade up for the RRT3. I do miss the side switch on the TM11. And that's about all I miss.