• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

10440 recommendations for an Eiger?

manoloco

Enlightened
Which 10440 lithium rechargeable is recommended to run on an XP-G Eiger?, IMR are a bit harder to get for me outside USA, also dont know how the Eiger driver works, i imagine the IMR ones have less capacity than the AW unprotected ones; would the circuit take advantage of the IMR increased discharge capabilities and push more lumens out, or would an AW unprotected fare better because of more runtime?

that info would help me choose a rechargeable Li battery type and will also get eneloops for longer runtime needs.

thanks.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Curt (from Peak) has posted elsewhere that IMR are not recommended for the Eiger, as they may overdrive the emitter.

IMR are, however, recommended for the Vesuvius.

manoloco

Enlightened
Thanks archimedes!, thats exactly what i was looking for, i will have to go the AW unprotected route (i do care for cells though so it shouldnt be a problem), i assume IMR would feed too much amperage to the led because of lower internal resistance.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks archimedes!, thats exactly what i was looking for, i will have to go the AW unprotected route (i do care for cells though so it shouldnt be a problem), i assume IMR would feed too much amperage to the led because of lower internal resistance.

Yes, I believe that is correct, as it would then push past the recommended operating specifications of the Eiger's Cree XP-G.