• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: McL4 -DB600- 6 to 12Volt *SOLD*

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

Not knowing what to call these mods, I'll use the name Atomic 6 came up with.

I have two KL4's that have been retro fit with 1W R2H HD's and DownBoy 600's. These will be driven at constant current if supplied with an input voltage starting around 4 volts and can go up to 12+ volts. In otherwords, they are fine on 2x123 and 3x123 power paks and various combinations of batteries.These *can* be safely underdriven on 1x123 paks for a surprising amount of light and for a really long time! Each of these have a small nick or two in the HA so they are not concourse; made to be used!

I am asking $110 ea. for these and that includes the burden of priority mail and PayPal fees.

I will do a few more of these in the 1x123 format with BB600's as I have promised a couple folks off forum for them. I should have a couple loose that I can offer here but they will be going for $125; no more minimum wage for this kid. Both time and I are too short. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you want one,of these two being offered , please post so here and send me an e-mail with your mailing address.

This is a first claimed, first served sale and thanks for looking. OT comments and unlikely images are welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

- Don

ufokillerz

Enlightened
Re: FS: McL4 -DB600- 6 to 12Volt

woot, didnt think Don would have some for sale, after reading about it having super throw for the size i can't wait to retrofit one of these onto a E1e body.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

OK UFO-K gets one if he still wants; I am unclear about the use on 1x123??!?! Yes, it does work but not in constant current??

BTW, THese are heads only, you supply the power pak.

JR,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi Catdaddy,

It's been a while; please E me your correct mailing address and I'll get one of these off to you.

Thanks,

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: FS: McL4 -DB600- 6 to 12Volt *SOLD*

OK,

It looks like these are both sold. I still need to hear from CatDaddy.

Thanks,
Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Alan,

UFO-K has changed his mind so one is yours if you want.

Thanks,
Don

Catdaddy

Enlightened

Don,
I'm here! Sorry I have been away. Should I just go ahead and Paypal to your regular address?

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi John,

No worries! Light is on its way. PayPal the address when you are comfortable doing so.

- Don

Miciobigio

Enlightened

Hello Don,

I hope to be the "first in line" for the next batch of McL4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks and best regards.

larpaul20

Newly Enlightened

Hi Don,

I kinda had the feeling that you might not have the time to pursue any additional L4 mods, but if you decide otherwise, I'd definitely like to purchase the McL4 at $125 (after mARCo of course) if you feel comfortable with that (would be willing to pay a bit more if need be). Anyhow, I know how it is with limited time and "too many irons in the fire". I totally understand if you don't want to do any others after mARCo's.

larpaul

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi Miciobigio and larpaul20,

I am making a couple of these and had planned to have a few extra. I don't like to take pre orders since I don't know when I can get to these and don't like to sell eggs as chickens. Any more, between keeping up on CPF and answering way too many e-mails, I have less and less time to actually do anything! I don't know what the solution for that is but I digress.....

Anyway if you two will send me an E-mail with specifics of what driver you want in the KL4 hosting a 1W R2H, I will do what I can to make sure you get one of these. If you want this for a single cell (1x123) pak, I recommend either a BB400 or BB600. If you want a multi cell head like has been sold here, then I recommend a DB400 or DB600. A DB700 can be used but I think you will find the KL4 may get hotter sooner and not be ideal if you want some longer run times.

I am now at the point that I have too many builds promissed and since each is custom, it will be an additional burden to keep track of who wants and gets what. PLEASE no more requests right now!

Thanks,
Don