Thread: Fried Duracell NiMH

Flashaholic

Unhappy Fried Duracell NiMH

Well, this is what happens when your charger misses termination...this almost blew the positive terminal off completely! The cell almost went No, I am not afraid of NiMH, case of charger failure this time, so I can't really blame Duracell or Sanyo on this one! I am not holding either the charger manufacturer, or the battery manufacturer (Sanyo made Duracell 2450) Charger was a ReZap RBC883

Here's the pics!

Last edited by RCM; 11-04-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added pic

Flashaholic*

That's why I don't like to leave batteries in the charger while I'm away.

Default Re: Fried Duracell NiMH

Isn't that very charger advertised with slogan "give new life to throwaway batteries"? Importance of using a good charger can't ever be overstressed.

Cheers

Flashaholic

So, while I have had a few cases of missed termination with a multi-purpose hobby charger, my MAHA 9000 has yet to let me down. That said, I still tend to keep a pretty close eye on it. The charger you mention seems to advertise charging just about anything that's chargeable (including alkalines that most of us don't generally regard as chargeable). Perhaps it "out clevered" itself!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnewman View Post
    So, while I have had a few cases of missed termination with a multi-purpose hobby charger, my MAHA 9000 has yet to let me down.
    I wonder if that's because of the thermal sensors on it?
    Current EDC: Eagletac D25C Clicky, Foursevens Mini-ML XP-G2. The rest of the collection: Fenix E15, Fenix LD20, Fenix TK41. Nitecore MT2A, Foursevens Quark Tactical QTA. EagleTac T20C2 Mark II, XM-L Neutral White. Oh - and a whole bunch of Eneloops and CR123As.

Quote Originally Posted by tam17 View Post
    Isn't that very charger advertised with slogan "give new life to throwaway batteries"? Importance of using a good charger can't ever be overstressed.

Cheers
    Sounds like a wonderful slogan to promote charging of nonrechargeable batteries

Flashaholic

It doesn't really matter anymore, as that piece of junk went on it's own! I have a BC1000 now