Fried Duracell NiMH

RCM

Enlightened
Well, this is what happens when your charger misses termination...this almost blew the positive terminal off completely! The cell almost went :poof: No, I am not afraid of NiMH, case of charger failure this time, so I can't really blame Duracell or Sanyo on this one! I am not holding either the charger manufacturer, or the battery manufacturer (Sanyo made Duracell 2450) Charger was a ReZap RBC883

Here's the pics!

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
Isn't that very charger advertised with slogan "give new life to throwaway batteries"? Importance of using a good charger can't ever be overstressed.

Cheers

andrewnewman

Enlightened
So, while I have had a few cases of missed termination with a multi-purpose hobby charger, my MAHA 9000 has yet to let me down. That said, I still tend to keep a pretty close eye on it. The charger you mention seems to advertise charging just about anything that's chargeable (including alkalines that most of us don't generally regard as chargeable). Perhaps it "out clevered" itself!

Illum

Flashaholic
Isn't that very charger advertised with slogan "give new life to throwaway batteries"? Importance of using a good charger can't ever be overstressed.

Cheers

Sounds like a wonderful slogan to promote charging of nonrechargeable batteries :thinking: :ohgeez: