Foxfury Rook

Thread: surefire manufacturing sites

Banned

Default surefire manufacturing sites

Hi,

i am curious to know.. Does anyone have (more or less detailed) info regarding the location of SureFire manufacturing sites? Are SureFire flashlights machined/manufactured/produced in China or Hongkong, too, as most other brands (Zebralight, Spark, Eagletac, Sunwayman, Fenix, JetBeam, 4Sevens, etc)?

Nobody produces such lights in USA or Germany or what?

SureFire is a 100% US-American company so i was wondering..

Thx, kreisler

Flashaholic

Default Re: surefire manufacturing sites

They have a good sized building in Fountain Valley California, not sure if that's where they manufacture but I think it might be.

Banned

So how can we know or find out? It's interesting piece of information. (AFAIK MacLite's are produced in U.S. factories.)

Flashaholic*

In before the lock!

To quote from the catalog: "And we design, machine, finish, and assemble nearly every major part of our SureFire illumination tools and tactical products right here in the USA."

With regards to the 'nearly ever major part' bit, I know some of the incandescent bulbs were made in Mexico, and I wouldn't be surprised if some batches of the LEDs themselves come from overseas. But the lights? US made. Why the idea that they're not even ever comes up for discussion...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yowzer View Post
    To quote from the catalog: "And we design, machine, finish, and assemble nearly every major part of our SureFire illumination tools and tactical products right here in the USA."
    Thanks for the info. I once read thru the PDF-catalog but must have forgotten about this piece. Okay. Good to know. Maybe that's why their products are much more expensive than the competition? Or it's because of the company size where very many people need to get paid (salary, U.S. wages)..

Anyway. Good info. SureFire is the pioneer and market leader in LED (tactical) flashlights and all technology comes from the United States. They must have patented a lot of their products. Still most models are produced in China/Hongkong by rather unknown companies. Fascinating

Yep, all Surefires are made in the US in Fountain valley i believe. The LEDs themselves are made in Cree's Hong Kong plant. There are other flashlight companies with lights made in the US, Malkoff, HDS, future Zebralights as well as Arc.

that's why they make you pay 700 $ for a flashlight, i suppose...

ahhh, the good ol'american myth of things built in US that last 3 lifetimes...

anyway i believe that early led lensers were made in germany. but i could be wrong.

Google search CPF at top of every page-
    Are Some Surefire Flashlights Made in China?
    Where are SureFire Lights/Components Manufactured?

I am sure there are more. For some reason this keeps coming up over & over again.

Banned

thanks treek13. wasnt aware of it, sorry. let's close this thread then

In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill