surefire manufacturing sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreisler

Banned
Hi,

i am curious to know.. Does anyone have (more or less detailed) info regarding the location of SureFire manufacturing sites? Are SureFire flashlights machined/manufactured/produced in China or Hongkong, too, as most other brands (Zebralight, Spark, Eagletac, Sunwayman, Fenix, JetBeam, 4Sevens, etc)?

Nobody produces such lights in USA or Germany or what? :whistle:

SureFire is a 100% US-American company so i was wondering..

Thx, kreisler

Lobstradomus

Newly Enlightened
They have a good sized building in Fountain Valley California, not sure if that's where they manufacture but I think it might be.

kreisler

Banned
So how can we know or find out? It's interesting piece of information. (AFAIK MacLite's are produced in U.S. factories.)

yowzer

Enlightened
In before the lock!

To quote from the catalog: "And we design, machine, finish, and assemble nearly every major part of our SureFire illumination tools and tactical products right here in the USA."

With regards to the 'nearly ever major part' bit, I know some of the incandescent bulbs were made in Mexico, and I wouldn't be surprised if some batches of the LEDs themselves come from overseas. But the lights? US made. Why the idea that they're not even ever comes up for discussion... :shrug:

kreisler

Banned
To quote from the catalog: "And we design, machine, finish, and assemble nearly every major part of our SureFire illumination tools and tactical products right here in the USA."
Thanks for the info. I once read thru the PDF-catalog but must have forgotten about this piece. Okay. Good to know. Maybe that's why their products are much more expensive than the competition? Or it's because of the company size where very many people need to get paid (salary, U.S. wages)..

Anyway. Good info. SureFire is the pioneer and market leader in LED (tactical) flashlights and all technology comes from the United States. They must have patented a lot of their products. Still most models are produced in China/Hongkong by rather unknown companies. Fascinating :)

yifu

Enlightened
Yep, all Surefires are made in the US in Fountain valley i believe. The LEDs themselves are made in Cree's Hong Kong plant. There are other flashlight companies with lights made in the US, Malkoff, HDS, future Zebralights as well as Arc.

dheim

Newly Enlightened
that's why they make you pay 700 $ for a flashlight, i suppose...

ahhh, the good ol'american myth of things built in US that last 3 lifetimes... :whistle:

dheim

Newly Enlightened
anyway i believe that early led lensers were made in germany. but i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.