Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight

Thread: Danner boot opinions sought

Default Danner boot opinions sought

I have heard great reviews and know a guy that has a pair and likes them. BUT the ones I found a good deal on are Chinese made, wondered if anyone knows anything about the quality and durability of the ones made by Comrades of the Red Star.

Flashaholic

Default Re: Danner boot opinions sought

I didn't think Danner boots were made in China.

I have a pair of Danner Rain Forest 8" and they're made in the USA. They're very comfortable.

I've had a pair of Danner Blackhawk II's (Made in the USA) for about two years now, and they've stood up to any/all punishment I can give'em--and retained the waterproofness. Heavy duty, without being too heavy (if that makes any sense).

8" INSULATED GRANITE GORE-TEX® BOOTS
    by DANNER (For Men)

For those who work, play and live outside, the Granite is a solid choice. Its tough stitched-sole construction, high-rising ankle, steel shank, and Vibram® Gumlite sole make it perfect for the active outdoor enthusiast. Add the waterproof, breathable benefits of Gore-Tex® stormsock construction and this is one tough, useful boot. Pebble finished, full grain leather upper. 600g Thinsulate® Ultra insulation. 4 lb. 6 oz. pr. Closeouts. China. Note: Unisex sizing, Women order 1 full size smaller.

Flashaholic*

I'm sure they're good, but overpriced.

Danner Ft. Lewis!!

I've got an older pair of Danner's. Never wore them enough to break them in, but they really are nice!

Are Red Wing's still considered decent boots? I have a pair of those also that I used to wear when I worked the ramp for Delta in SLC.

Flashaholic

I guess there has to be one in every crowd. I don't care for Danners at all. While some are comfortable, durable they aren't. Nor waterproof. I ended up giving my Ft. Lewis boots to Goodwill.

BTW I wear these http://www.whitesboots.com/display-b...ot&p_id=51,
    They aren't for everyone but I have a wide foot and need a custom boot. I have several pairs of White's and one pair of Vasque boots.

Danner Acadia.

Geoff

No way those Chinese boots were legit. Danner is one brand I haven't bought yet, but based on what close friends say, I can highly recommend them. Whatever you get, spring for a GorTex waterproof lining. It's worth every penny.

Red Wings with Comfort Force soles are awesome (like walking on carpet barefoot). Thanks to these boots, cutting the grass is actually fun!

Matterhorn 10" waterproof/insulated is a part of my winter gear. Belleville 790s for summer.

Danner does in fact make a large number of boots in China, no dipsute there, just wondered how they stack up.

Holy cow! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I stand corrected. Google finds all. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I used to play guitar in a band that rehearsed in the window of a redwing show store after hours [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Great fun, good shoes.

We used to put notes in the socks saying "HELP, I'm being held captive at the redwing shoe factory!"

Sorry, no useful info in this post...

Danners are a very high quality boot. Unfortunately they don't fit my foot very well at all. Same thing for the nearly identical boots made by Matterhorn.