Danner boot opinions sought

bigcozy

Enlightened
I have heard great reviews and know a guy that has a pair and likes them. BUT the ones I found a good deal on are Chinese made, wondered if anyone knows anything about the quality and durability of the ones made by Comrades of the Red Star.

Screehopper

Enlightened
I didn't think Danner boots were made in China.

I have a pair of Danner Rain Forest 8" and they're made in the USA. They're very comfortable.

guncollector

Enlightened
24600.jpg

I've had a pair of Danner Blackhawk II's (Made in the USA) for about two years now, and they've stood up to any/all punishment I can give'em--and retained the waterproofness. Heavy duty, without being too heavy (if that makes any sense).

bigcozy

Enlightened
8" INSULATED GRANITE GORE-TEX® BOOTS
by DANNER (For Men)

For those who work, play and live outside, the Granite is a solid choice. Its tough stitched-sole construction, high-rising ankle, steel shank, and Vibram® Gumlite sole make it perfect for the active outdoor enthusiast. Add the waterproof, breathable benefits of Gore-Tex® stormsock construction and this is one tough, useful boot. Pebble finished, full grain leather upper. 600g Thinsulate® Ultra insulation. 4 lb. 6 oz. pr. Closeouts. China. Note: Unisex sizing, Women order 1 full size smaller.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure they're good, but overpriced.

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
I've got an older pair of Danner's. Never wore them enough to break them in, but they really are nice!

Are Red Wing's still considered decent boots? I have a pair of those also that I used to wear when I worked the ramp for Delta in SLC.

2dogs

Enlightened
I guess there has to be one in every crowd. I don't care for Danners at all. While some are comfortable, durable they aren't. Nor waterproof. I ended up giving my Ft. Lewis boots to Goodwill.

BTW I wear these http://www.whitesboots.com/display-boot.php?request=boot&p_id=51,
They aren't for everyone but I have a wide foot and need a custom boot. I have several pairs of White's and one pair of Vasque boots.

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
No way those Chinese boots were legit. Danner is one brand I haven't bought yet, but based on what close friends say, I can highly recommend them. Whatever you get, spring for a GorTex waterproof lining. It's worth every penny.

Red Wings with Comfort Force soles are awesome (like walking on carpet barefoot). Thanks to these boots, cutting the grass is actually fun!

Matterhorn 10" waterproof/insulated is a part of my winter gear. Belleville 790s for summer.

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
Holy cow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I stand corrected. Google finds all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to play guitar in a band that rehearsed in the window of a redwing show store after hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Great fun, good shoes.

We used to put notes in the socks saying "HELP, I'm being held captive at the redwing shoe factory!"

Sorry, no useful info in this post...

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Danners are a very high quality boot. Unfortunately they don't fit my foot very well at all. Same thing for the nearly identical boots made by Matterhorn.