keychain flashlight

jasmul

Newly Enlightened
im looking for a new key chain flash light i was looking at a fenix e05 it looks perfect for what i want i was wondering if anyone has pursched this light or know of a better one for around the same price

it is on amazon for 17

davecroft

Enlightened
You won't go far wrong with the E05, it has a lot of fans on here. I got one last week and am so impressed with it I have ordered another. There are similar lights with more modes and brighter output, but I personally find them fiddly for keychain use. With the E05 you just twist it on and get a nice beam of light, simple.

The E01 is another good product and cheaper still, but it just seems a bit 'old technology' with its protruding LED and bluish beam. I prefer the cree led and the floody optic on the E05.

ragweed

Enlightened
Gee Whiz..! We have a ton of E05 reviews here..! Its a great EDC light. I have one & love it.

ragweed

Enlightened
Yep.. the E01 does have a angry blue/purple beam but, I still love my E01..!

Last edited:

Chidwack

Enlightened
How about an iTP A3 E0S. I just got 2 more of them in the mail today. Great little light and only $15 on clearance from Shiningbeam. I probably use this light more than any of my lights because it's so small I always have it on me. My first one just went through the washer for the whole cycle. It was in my shirt pocket and it was so light and small that my wife didn't notice it in the pocket when she put the shirt in the washer. She gave it to me thinking it would be ruined but it lit right up. No problem what so ever. I recommend them highly.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep.. the E01 does have a angry blue/purple beam but, I still love my E01..!
A couple of minutes and some care with 1000 grit sandpaper on the led diffuses the beam nicely and all but kills the angry blue/purple.

E01 has significant long runtime than E03, and I prefer it to the E03.
I agree, I feed my E-01 mostly dead AAA's after they no longer power my daughters MP3 player. (recycling :thumbsup:)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about an iTP A3 E0S. I just got 2 more of them in the mail today. Great little light and only $15 on clearance from Shiningbeam. I probably use this light more than any of my lights because it's so small I always have it on me. My first one just went through the washer for the whole cycle. It was in my shirt pocket and it was so light and small that my wife didn't notice it in the pocket when she put the shirt in the washer. She gave it to me thinking it would be ruined but it lit right up. No problem what so ever. I recommend them highly.

Another great choice here! My wife has an A3-SS on her keys and she love's it.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Thrunite Ti. It is a new AAA 2 mode keychain light. Very simple operation. Well made light. There are already a few threads on this light. The Fenix EO5 is also a nice little carry light.

jasmul

Newly Enlightened
thank you everyone for your advice
i just placed my order for the fenix e05
i will update when i receive the light i cant wait
thanks again