Advice on buying a charger

EfiX

Newly Enlightened

Hello Dear friends, I am new here so it's nice to meet you.
I need help with buying a charger. I own a Fujifilm S200HD camera.
I did a really long search over the net and I've decided to bought Enloop batteries.
I hope they are better then Maha Powerex AA rechargeable Ni-MH replacement batteries/Maha Imedion

Now I need a charger.

As i see it, the options are
1.C-9000 (MH-C9000 is the same?) - MAHA
2.La Crosse Technology BC-700
3.La Crosse Technology BC-900
4.Sanyo Original Charger(?)
5. Or this one, of MAHA
Ebay Item number: 170708847647 Ebay link removed - Norm

By the way, I'm going to buy Ebay Item number130536558276 Ebay link removed - Norm in one month. He is powered by D batteries. What would be the best choice for me - a rechargeable D batteries or using AA rechargeable (like ENLOOP) + Converter to D size?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are just starting out with eneloops I suggest you buy the batteries with a bundled eneloop charger. Unless you own a lot of rechargeable batteries and use them in a lot of different things there is no need to buy a complex charger.

Wrend

Enlightened
While it's true that you probably won't need to use some of the functions of the C9000 (MH-C9000) with new AA Eneloop cells, I still think it's a good investment for the long term performance of those Eneloops. The primary advantages of the C9000 for the general charging of Eneloops is that the default rate of 1000mA is within the recommendations of Sanyo/Panasonic for Eneloops, it has a conservative charge termination, it tops off the cells at a less than 0.1C rate after the normal charge termination (this also helps to balance off the cells at a more fully charged state), and charges each cell independently.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

EfiX

Newly Enlightened
Both of you don't think the same. I prefer a smart charger, and not a charger only with a normal LED...
also, i think the price of the original charger of Sanyo is pretty much the same.
How would i know the difference between those 4 charger?
What about the battries for the megaphone? ;)
Do you think Maha Powerex AA rechargeable Ni-MH replacement batteries/Maha Imedion is better then the ENLOOP?

Thank you.