Looking for 1xCR123 battery size flashlight

matthewcyho

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a flashlight that just powered by 1xCr123 battery, and i owned Sunwayman M10R,V10R Ti , Jetbeam RRT-0 XMl , any i want more , do anyone have any suggestion for me ? Thanks

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest Fenix E15(TIR lens), 6cm(length)x2cm(diameter), 3 brightness level, head twist switch.

Pacecar

Newly Enlightened
Shiningbeam custom Romisen RV-235, SKU1234. Neutral white XP-G R4.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
I have a nitecore extreme infinity and a 4sevens minix. Really like my minix, but the nitecore can be upgraded w/ e-series heads. The new nitecore (single cr123) would be a good choice. Wish i had one..................

Last edited:

Quiksilver

Enlightened
The only lights I own which are 1xCR123 are the HDS Systems EDC Rotary 200, and the SureFire Saint Minimus.

I'd highly recommend the Rotary.

Honorable mention goes to 4Sevens Mini X. Heard nothing but great things about it.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only lights I own which are 1xCR123 are the HDS Systems EDC Rotary 200, and the SureFire Saint Minimus.

I'd highly recommend the Rotary.

Honorable mention goes to 4Sevens Mini X. Heard nothing but great things about it.

+1 for the HDS Rotary 200. I'm happy with mine.

nilfire77

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest Fenix E15(TIR lens), 6cm(length)x2cm(diameter), 3 brightness level, head twist switch.

Agreed! The Fenix E15 is one helluva sick puppy! Small, bright and throwy! It's about the same size as a Quark MiniX 123, but its 140 lm seems brighter than the MiniX's 210 lm, probably due to the tighter hotspot. Hands down a must own for me!

persco

Enlightened
I own a Lumapower Incendio V3U XML. Very light, very bright. And just $60, or so. Runs CR123 (max is about 200, can't quite remember) or RCR123 (max is stated to be about 550, not sure it is, but it's really bright).

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
+1, HDS.

Mine is the 200T. (non Rotary) and I couldn't be happier: As you become familiar with the 'lights functions you don't even think about it; accessing the different modes is truly second nature. :thumbsup:

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
This one just came out, and its on my HOT list, going to be the next single CR123 light I buy.

Already own the Klarus P1C, and they just came out with the XT1C which seems like a Fenix PD20 with a really slick UI.

I ususally wait for reviews, but I think ill just have to order this and see for myself.

http://www.klaruslight.com/products/Flash_light/87.html

The only thing I dont like about it, is that it doesnt really say it supports RCR123 cells. I think I might be able to get away with LiFePO cells due to the lower voltage. I dont run RCRs in my Fenix lights either, which is why I like Jetbeam since they have a wide voltage circut, but dont seem as efficent as Fenix or Klarus...

Last edited:

bstrickler

Enlightened

Maybe you're lucky, but my E15 is a PITA. It was fine when I first got it, but now it's picky about when it wants to turn on. If the heads on "too tight" (which it can never decide the "too tight" position is), it wont turn on, and once the battery dies, you have to wait AT LEAST 5 minutes, or as much as EIGHT HOURS before being able to turn the light on again (my guess is you have to wait for a capacitor to discharge itself)!

When it works, it's a nice light. Maybe they did a revision since I got mine a few months ago (SN is F468LX00467. Almost got a double 468, lol. Woulda been neat).

Keep in mind, I've tried both Surefire and Streamlight batteries in the E15.

~Brian

AutoTech

Enlightened
This one just came out, and its on my HOT list, going to be the next single CR123 light I buy.

Already own the Klarus P1C, and they just came out with the XT1C which seems like a Fenix PD20 with a really slick UI.

I ususally wait for reviews, but I think ill just have to order this and see for myself.

The only thing I dont like about it, is that it doesnt really say it supports RCR123 cells. I think I might be able to get away with LiFePO cells due to the lower voltage. I dont run RCRs in my Fenix lights either, which is why I like Jetbeam since they have a wide voltage circut, but dont seem as efficent as Fenix or Klarus...

That looks like a nice light, might have to try one.

I bought the p1c and it's probably my least used light, it just doesn't go low enough for edc.

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
I don't think it supports RCR123, read the spec :
Working Voltage: 1.8-3.2V

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
I don't think it supports RCR123, read the spec :
Working Voltage: 1.8-3.2V

Ooo trust me ive been reading the specs for the past 2-3 days since Klarus posting these new lights on their site...

but who knows how tight that tolerance really is...

From what I hear you should not use RCR in fenix lights but people still do. Its the reason I stated LiFePO cells, that have a lower working voltage. Klarus may not have tested it, but I would like to see if it can take it.

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
That looks like a nice light, might have to try one.

I bought the p1c and it's probably my least used light, it just doesn't go low enough for edc.

I couldn't resist tonight... I went ahead and ordered the XT1C, XT1A, and XT2A lights from Klarus. I like the XT10 UI a lot, so I assume I'm going to like these lights as well. They really did something well with the UI on these lights. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since joining the choir a few days ago. I say a HDS is a safe bet! I appreciate my 170 lm Tac's design and performance, that I foresee a 200 lm Rotary in the mix within the near future! ... :devil:

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Highly recommend the EagleTac D25C - such a cool light for not much cash. Smaller than your others, with a great clip and cool accessories.

fgials

Newly Enlightened
I love my Streamlight ProTac 1L. Puts out plenty of light and has 3 settings: bright - 110 lumens/1.75 Hours, strobe - 3 Hours and low - 12 lumens/14 Hours

awyeah

Enlightened
I just picked up a Fenix E15 from Bright Guy yesterday, and so far I'm loving it - it's bright, it's simple, and it's small.

CMAG

Enlightened
I just picked up a Fenix E15 from Bright Guy yesterday, and so far I'm loving it - it's bright, it's simple, and it's small.

+1 E15 if you want small
+++1 HDS EDC
A#1++++1 McGismo