Foxfury Rook
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233343538 ... LastLast

Thread: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Default Re: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

There will be Tactical and Defender versions of the Fury, which should be available next month. I don't know if the Defender version will be dual-output, but both will be max output first.

Now that makes sense! If I'm going to pay 130 dollars for this light I want to have a crenelated strike bezel which makes perfect sense seeing 500 lumens is for defense in my eyes (not literarly) LOL!

Well guys/gals, my Fury arrived yesterday and all I have to say is, ... I played with it ALL night, an guess what? .... I didn't go blind! .... ...

I'm very happy I decided to read through most of this thread or I may have not purchased the Fury till at a much later date, or possibly not buy it at all. However, I am one of the ones that's late to the Surfire Party, but after purchasing a bored out C2 host from Bugsy. It gave me a great introduction to Surefire, after which it lead to the purchase of an E1b, LX2, T1A and the Fury! With No Disappointments!

So I guess you can say I'm drinking the Kolaid and am now a Fan! ...
    Last edited by AZPops; 05-26-2012 at 06:20 PM.

How do the 500 lumens in a light this size compare to a larger SF like an M3LT? I have an original U2 and an original (400 lumen) M3LT, and if a light this size can keep up with a turbohead I might get a Fury or a UM2 to replace them.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Quote Originally Posted by ABTOMAT View Post
    How do the 500 lumens in a light this size compare to a larger SF like an M3LT? I have an original U2 and an original (400 lumen) M3LT, and if a light this size can keep up with a turbohead I might get a Fury or a UM2 to replace them.
    There should be a significant difference in the throw of the M3LT against the Fury for sure because the TIR optic in the M3LT focuses all the light into the hotspot and leaving only very very little side spill if any. If anything, the Fury should have lesser throw and more side spill because it is using a reflector, and the reflector is not really big and deep enough to render more throw.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

got to say after a 6p that I tried to mod and had bad luck with and the fleabay sst-50 light. I'm def going to get this monster and a r1 lawman asap. Any negatives you could allow me to know prior minus the pattern? thx

I picked up a Fury today from a local B&M, it was a little more expensive than ordering online but I wanted to look myself for a centered emitter.

My tint is a little green on low but not noticeable outdoors, high tint looks good to me even white wall hunting. The store I bought it from just got these back in stock so I guess it has a glass lens, it looks like I can see some purple AR coating when I look at the lens from a angle.

My serial number is A110195 and I first I thought it was a low serial number but I'm guessing it's A11 and not A1?

So I spent some time outside with the Fury and a few other light's with similar output or style and I'm completely impressed with the Fury, I'm surprised by it's output and throw and thinking it may be brighter than 500lmn.

It out throws my Quark X Turbo and at the same time has a smoother beam as well, the dimmer center of the hotspot or rather the less than obvious donut of my Turbo X becomes very obvious when put up against the Fury, I really never noticed a dim center in the hotspot of my Turbo X until now but anyway the Fury out throws it. This really surprises me since the outputs are similar and the Turbo X has a larger wider reflector while the Fury has a textured reflector, I guess I should not be to surprised I've always known any type of donut hole kills throw, some donuts are not obvious dark spots you see on a wall at a few meters.

I also spent some time with the old tried and true ceiling bounce test and again the Fury surprises me, it looked obviously brighter than my ET T20C2 MKII XM-L with a 18650, brighter than my Thrunite TN12 on 18650 and either equal to or maybe even slightly brighter than my ET D25C2L Clicky. The Fury also look obviously brighter than my SC600 on it's 500lmn mode, all the light's I tested with the Fury had fresh cells.

Of course a ceiling bounce test is not a sphere and things like different tints can throw you off a little when comparing light's this way that is why when I say "obvious" I mean their is no doubt to me when looking on the floor during the bounce that one light is brighter than the either. I'd love to see a Fury in a sphere has anyone here done that yet?

Combine the performance I see and the quality of the Fury along with Surefire's warranty and this light is a big time winner in my book the price is right as well.

There are many "tactical" light's in this class around the 5.5 inch size so what are you going to buy or recommend, for me now the P2X Fury is way ahead as the front runner. I look at the price of my light's in the Fury's size/output range and the Fury is either just a few dollars more or maybe a few $ less and I think to myself why wouldn't I recommend it instead if the others.
    Last edited by jhc37013; 06-16-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    My flashlight collection HERE

AZPops - where did you get the belt clip? I was hoping that it came with it but apparently not!

I found the first Fury that the guy took off the shelf to have the emitter a bit off center. Not sure it if matters much in the end but the next one he grabbed was better so I bought that one.

At first, in a dim room I compared it to my SF LX2 and was a bit disappointed. But last night in the dark outdoors it does produce much more light, similar intensity in the center but it covers so much more area - I like it better for searching. It is somewhat yellow on high and green on low compared to my LX2 but again, not noticeable in normal use so far only against white walls.

Great light. Time to start saving for the LX2 ultra...

j

Quote Originally Posted by schnellschnell View Post
    AZPops - where did you get the belt clip? I was hoping that it came with it but apparently not!

I found the first Fury that the guy took off the shelf to have the emitter a bit off center. Not sure it if matters much in the end but the next one he grabbed was better so I bought that one.

At first, in a dim room I compared it to my SF LX2 and was a bit disappointed. But last night in the dark outdoors it does produce much more light, similar intensity in the center but it covers so much more area - I like it better for searching. It is somewhat yellow on high and green on low compared to my LX2 but again, not noticeable in normal use so far only against white walls.

Great light. Time to start saving for the LX2 ultra...

j

Congrats on the pick up! Fury's a great light! My second Fury arrived a few weeks ago! ... lol

The clip is from Jason Hui "Prometheus Dark Sucks". Go to his web site, select accessories, then select Surefire Ti Pocket Clip! Jason makes a plain Ti Clip or a Custom Flame Ti Clip.

Here's a link to Jason's thread regarding the Ti clip; http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ce-Elzetta-etc

Btw, I'm also waiting for the LX2 Ultra!
    Last edited by AZPops; 06-20-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Perhaps worth noting that there is a difference between centering and focusing. SureFire focus their beams. It's the beam that counts and that's what SureFire endeavour to focus rather than simply centering the components.

Sorry for the lame, uninformative post here....but I cannot for the life of me find an O-Ring that will work with the clip. Everyone I find just squishes right out?
    Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Size15's View Post
    Perhaps worth noting that there is a difference between centering and focusing. SureFire focus their beams. It's the beam that counts and that's what SureFire endeavour to focus rather than simply centering the components.
    Are you saying that SF somehow adjusts the focus of individual units during manufacture, Al?

Quote Originally Posted by Vox Clamatis in Deserto View Post
    Are you saying that SF somehow adjusts the focus of individual units during manufacture, Al?
    Yes.
    I'm not sure of the specifics for reflector'd LEDs, but for the TIR optic bezels, it's done when the two halves are screwed together - that's why there is a tolerance gap that is wider on some bezels than others (as opposed to all the components simply being screwed tightly together).

I think I've decided on my next torch!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    I think I've decided on my next torch!
    I think you're making the right call. I have several Surefires, and the Fury is my favorite. The only gripes I have are that it doesn't have knurling, and the anti-roll feature is very subtle. If they had a Fury in a 6P body, that would be the ultimate Surefire IMO.
    Chris

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    [...]If they had a Fury in a 6P body, that would be the ultimate Surefire IMO.
    It would be great if every head of the new lights (G2X/6PX, Fury) would be legoable with the tried and true 6P body. And if they would add a small spring to the contact in the head, things would be even better. Especially with crenelated bezels.

Cheers
    Thorsten

I'm seriously considering picking up a P2XD Fury from la police gear. Y'all are satisfied with the single mode fury lights? How's the throw?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

I love mine!

Very satisfied. My single mode modded P2XB is holding up just fine. Ive broke all of surfires rules with this one with the mod and running it on two RCR's. Throw is like a Malkoff M60, but a whole lot brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    I'm seriously considering picking up a P2XD Fury from la police gear. Y'all are satisfied with the single mode fury lights? How's the throw?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter1 View Post
    Very satisfied. My single mode modded P2XB is holding up just fine. Ive broke all of surfires rules with this one with the mod and running it on two RCR's. Throw is like a Malkoff M60, but a whole lot brighter.
    How does it handle the voltage of the RCR's? Are you using rcr123 or the new surefire lipo 123s?

AW123 Lico's. Seems to handle the voltage just fine. Surefire want tell you that the Fury has a buck driver in it with more headroom in the voltage than just the 6 volts from two primaries. Remember that doing the single mode mod and using RCR's other than SF brand voids your warranty.
    Last edited by kyhunter1; 07-09-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Thanks!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

I picked up a P2X-Defender from Surefires headquarters a couple of weeks back. (they were out of the P2X-Combat). Really slick light, very bright and great beam quality as usual. I picked up the blue filter with it. (would have gone red or diffuse but they wanted $100 for those models vs. the blue.)

Really nice light.
    Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

Flashaholic

Could the Fury Defender be the DM2 Defender?

A Canadian dealer lists the combat grip version with the tactical (one mode) and defender versions all on sale now.

www.911supply.ca

The Defender looks cool, if the beam doesn't get you, the teeth will.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
    I picked up a P2X-Defender from Surefires headquarters a couple of weeks back. (they were out of the P2X-Combat). Really slick light, very bright and great beam quality as usual. I picked up the blue filter with it. (would have gone red or diffuse but they wanted $100 for those models vs. the blue.)

Really nice light.
    Ya, I noticed that. Why the price difference?
    Oh well a red Pak/Pal light is fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by Retinator View Post
    Ya, I noticed that. Why the price difference?
    Oh well a red Pak/Pal light is fine for me
    I mentioned to the guy that it seems awfully obscene that a flip up beam filter in that size would be so much. He checked (supposedly) with a higher up about it who claimed the cost of the filters necessitated the price, but I'm not really sold on that. However it's the price and wasn't something I was willing to spend. (I quite like blue anyways.)

I can however decisively say the P2X Fury Defender is NOT any supposed DM2 product as it is a single level click on tactical style light.

(Thank you auto-save.)
    Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

You're BAD! ....

Now U got me's extry Fury in a USPS Priority Flat Rate Box in a few hours, n' will be head'in to the Pacific Northwest to see what we can do with it!

If it turns out anything like my E1b did, which btw is now just pure awesomeness (I mean the dang E1b makes you wanna click it on, n' give's me a GREAT BIG SMILE when I do). I'll be one happy individual!
    Last edited by AZPops; 07-10-2012 at 04:21 AM.

The Fury is a awesome light. Mine is just plain "Bad" and I love it! You will be happy with the Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    You're BAD! ....

Now U got me's extry Fury in a USPS Priority Flat Rate Box in a few hours, n' will be head'in to the Pacific Northwest to see what we can do with it!

If it turns out anything like my E1b did, which btw is now just pure awesomeness (I mean the dang E1b makes you wanna click it on, n' give's me a GREAT BIG SMILE when I do). I'll be one happy individual!

The Fury is a awesome light. Mine is just plain "Bad" and I love it! You will be happy with the Fury.

Yeah, very happy with both of them. Cept, I'm keeping one OEM, and the man live'in up in the Pacific Northwest will be messing with the other to see "if" he can "hot rod" it up a bit!
    Last edited by AZPops; 07-10-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retinator View Post
    Could the Fury Defender be the DM2 Defender?
    The DM2 will have an option of high/low with the high coming on first (clicky,) or two stage tactical tailcap like the Aviator/Lumamaxes. The DM2 is also going to have a TIR lens (which I am excited about!) The levels are the same as the Fury, though (500/15.)