Malkoff
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Flashaholic

Default Re: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

The Fury I had on order from our CPF discounter, supposedly shipped 1/15, was backordered then - actually, pre-Christmas, as I found out here. My first order with them, I was a bit miffed, but the nice lady said their order taking on the web had no real time inventory. The estimated delivery date of 1/27 came - and a call to them Friday reveals a new S-F delivery date - 2/10! The worst part is that my local dealer is where I first learned of the Fury 1/14, having been in a CPF vacuum for a bit. At any rate - he had them- a stack of them - for $160 - no discounts. I had intended to get my son one for his b'day (1/27), but that store would be it. As I already had him something else - and would see him today - I returned to my local source. I got OTD for $152 w s/t - and now have him an alternative to my alternative. If he elects to keep the alternative, I guess I have me a Fury... and can cancel that back order. If he wants the Fury... well, I'll have one for a few bucks less - eventually. I'll report back on my review. I hope it's not a bump-sensitive light intensity setting, a la my 6PX Pro, but brighter version of said 6PX Pro. I wonder why S-F's inventory is so slow to refill... did they not expect big sales?

Stainz

Wow this surfire fury is only 108.50 on battery Junction. Why the big price drop?
    Fiat Lux Tk61vn V3.5, X6vnT, Fiat Lux 5A Xpg2 L2T, M25c2vn U3 KT, Z1vn, Aspheric Mag DD xpg2 5A
    2w 445nm Tmag, Custom 1W 638nm, 1w 405nm C11 and 320mw DL Sparton 532nm

wow 108. thats cheap. and theres 5% off with the coupon code which pretty much takes care of shipping. thats awesome

I've seen several mentions of a CPF discount or coupon code. I'm about to order another Fury from BJ and would like to know how one goes about getting this discount.
    Thanks!
    (Please excuse the "newby". I did try searching for it but was overwhelmed by the multitude of hits.)

Discussion of CPF discounted codes is restricted to "CPF Specials" webpages/dealers - Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 02-04-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    Fiat Lux Tk61vn V3.5, X6vnT, Fiat Lux 5A Xpg2 L2T, M25c2vn U3 KT, Z1vn, Aspheric Mag DD xpg2 5A
    2w 445nm Tmag, Custom 1W 638nm, 1w 405nm C11 and 320mw DL Sparton 532nm

Thanks, Alex! I'll try that right now.

It worked! Thanks, again!

Now the waiting begins, but if it is the same as my first Fury it will be worth it.

Well, it's not just BatteryJunction offering these for outstanding price... LAPG has pretty much ALL models on lowered prices...

I wonder if this pricing is temporary or not... I hope it ISN'T as I already ordered E1B two days ago from them and if pricing stays like this, my wallet is going to suffer FOR SURE in 2012...

Yes! Just got an email from LAPG that the Fury is down to $108. They're majorly discounting the lights probably to clear stock for the hopeful surge of new lights! Woo hoo 2012 may be a banner year for photons!

Flashaholic

That's a great price - if you don't mind waiting until who knows when. The Furys are on back-order at LAPG right now - expected in February (LAPG's CS person Allie said '... expected in February.' during my call today. B-J 'thinks' their pre-Christmas back-order will be filled 2/10 - I wouldn't hold my breath on either.). I cancelled my B-J backorder as I have one - bought locally ($152 w s/t... but I inspected it before purchase.). It is easily discernibly brighter, and has a larger central spot, than my 'rated' 500 Lumen Olight M21 Warrior. Very similar beam to the 6PX Pro I have. Despite some hard strikes, while held in my fist, no change from low to high, a la my 6PX Pro. I am impressed!

Stainz
    Last edited by Stainz; 01-31-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter1 View Post
    AW17650's fits perfectly in my Fury. Slides in and out easily.
    Sorry for the newb question, but can AW17650's be run in Surefire's safely? I have a 6PX Pro that I would love to run rechargables in.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by wbrock001 View Post
    Yes! Just got an email from LAPG that the Fury is down to $108. They're majorly discounting the lights probably to clear stock for the hopeful surge of new lights! Woo hoo 2012 may be a banner year for photons!
    They're discounting the Fury?!?! How come?? I was plan to buy it in a few months... Now I'm thinking about getting this flashlight this week... Or should I just wait for the other model come out? Are the newer models much better than the Fury?

Flashaholic*

The Fury is the newest model SureFire has to offer.
    I'd rather have a flashlight in front of me than a "frontal flashlightomy"!

It's not recommended by Surefire. A single 17650 is at 4.2 volts max, and 2 x 123 primaries is at 6 volts. There is no real reason why you could not as long as the cell fits nicely. What you dont need to do is put two rcr123's (8.4 volts) in it, as it may be over voltage. The overhead max voltages are not made known to the public by Surefire so it is better to err on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    Sorry for the newb question, but can AW17650's be run in Surefire's safely? I have a 6PX Pro that I would love to run rechargables in.

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter1 View Post
    It's not recommended by Surefire. A single 17650 is at 4.2 volts max, and 2 x 123 primaries is at 6 volts. There is no real reason why you could not as long as the cell fits nicely. What you dont need to do is put two rcr123's (8.4 volts) in it, as it may be over voltage. The overhead max voltages are not made known to the public by Surefire so it is better to err on the side of caution.
    Thanks for the help!

Got mine last week, whoever called it "a pocket searchlight", you spoke the truth...
    I purchase all my lights at night

Here is a quick video of my new Fury. Just checking to see how good my cameras does with videos and flashlights. I plan to do more later.

http://s548.photobucket.com/albums/i...=Furyvideo.mp4
    Last edited by kyhunter1; 01-31-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wbrock001 View Post
    While I wouldn't know first hand, I have been told that SureFire has restructured their pricing on many lights and that's why you will see a price drop on many lights at most dealers. The Fury has dropped to under 110 and the M3TL has dropped from 575 to under 300 already at most dealers.

It is a great time to be a SureFire lover. I just picked up a M3LT-S and waiting for my local dealer to receive the Fury which should be in tomorrow!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Flashaholic

Ya, I just got my Invictus at the higher price. I'm still very happy with it but ouch.
    Now I know the pain of the early adopters of the 1st batch of M3LTs (400 instead of 800 lumens).

Either Surefire is already upgrading the entire new X-series or they've hurt demand with the price jump (55 - 100+, something like that,can't remember exactly)

Can someone clarify the mode switching before I pull the trigger on one of these. I understand that the first half-press is low and a second half-press is high but beyond that does it keep switching modes with each half-press or does it stay in high mode (for manual strobe purposes) for each half-press until the light is switched off for a few seconds?

Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Retinator View Post
    Ya, I just got my Invictus at the higher price. I'm still very happy with it but ouch.
    Now I know the pain of the early adopters of the 1st batch of M3LTs (400 instead of 800 lumens).

Either Surefire is already upgrading the entire new X-series or they've hurt demand with the price jump (55 - 100+, something like that,can't remember exactly)
    Price rise again, M3LT raised from 375 to 395
    Invitus raised from 525 to 550
    M6LT is now 425 (i forgot original price)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo-tron View Post
    Can someone clarify the mode switching before I pull the trigger on one of these. I understand that the first half-press is low and a second half-press is high but beyond that does it keep switching modes with each half-press or does it stay in high mode (for manual strobe purposes) for each half-press until the light is switched off for a few seconds?

Thanks.

The first press is the low mode then the second press is the high mode, and yes it does keep switching back and forth with each press from low to high. And there is no strobe mode on this light. This is an awsome light, it will be money well spent you want go wrong buying this light but be sure it's what you totally want, check out the video that kyhunter1 posted on post #432 and you can tell a little more of what your getting just click on the link he has there. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Glock 22; 02-01-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 22 View Post
    The first press is the low mode then the second press is the high mode, and yes it does keep switching back and forth with each press from low to high. And there is no strobe mode on this light. This is an awsome light, it will be money well spent you want go wrong buying this light but be sure it's what you totally want, check out the video that kyhunter1 posted on post #432 and you can tell a little more of what your getting just click on the link he has there. Hope this helps
    Thanks, that really helps. I will probably still give this light a shot but I was hoping that the UI only gave you one shot with the low setting. I will check that video out as well, thanks again!

This video demonstrates the UI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4xxUKew30c
    "It used to be 'Merkwuerdigliebe'"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    This video demonstrates the UI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4xxUKew30c
    When I look at the sweetheart in the video, my concentrate is lost on the Fury. Isn't she sweet? Ok, apologies on the OT.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Well I jusr received mine. I must say I am pleasantly suprised. The size is much smaller than I expected, yet it gives a very nice mixture of throw and spill. Im sure this will very quickly become a favorite light of mine. Now, I realize that SureFires are military and men in blue driven in design, but if we can just convince SureFire that the non-tactical user would really, really love a middle setting, say around 140 lumens with 4-7 hours run time.

Edit: I just got a chance to compare outside the Olight M20 s2, Fenix tk21, and the fury. The Fury wins handsdown. Much better beam than either competitor. Brighter hotspot than the TK21, with more spill to boot.

Good job to the design team Paul, home run!

Bill
    Last edited by Hitthespot; 02-01-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Added compare paragraph
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    When I look at the sweetheart in the video, my concentrate is lost on the Fury. Isn't she sweet? Ok, apologies on the OT.
    I had to laugh when I read this. Your not a true flashaholic, or that beautiful flashlight would have completely erased the girl from your mind. Lol......
    Albert Einstein

Price rise? Invictus dropped to 385 at lapg. 277 for m3lt and 299 for m6lt

126 for E2LAA.. among others.

Quote Originally Posted by jh333233 View Post
    Price rise again, M3LT raised from 375 to 395
    Invitus raised from 525 to 550
    M6LT is now 425 (i forgot original price)
    Last edited by Tommygun45; 02-01-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Flashaholic

Easy there Andy! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post

No shortage of talent in your town Andy, I can 'shop' for hours in those malls on Orchard Road...

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast