Battery Junction
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031323334353639 ... LastLast

Thread: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Default Re: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Where are the bezel down low ride clips for these monsters!!

Quote Originally Posted by fresh eddie fresh View Post
    The DM2 will have an option of high/low with the high coming on first (clicky,) or two stage tactical tailcap like the Aviator/Lumamaxes. The DM2 is also going to have a TIR lens (which I am excited about!) The levels are the same as the Fury, though (500/15.)
    was the DM2 in the 2012 catalog thing? I don't recall seeing it in there
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    was the DM2 in the 2012 catalog thing? I don't recall seeing it in there
    Yes, its on page 37 and has not been released yet. The recently released P2ZX and P2XD are NOT in the catalog however.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Yes, its on page 37 and has not been released yet. The recently released P2ZX and P2XD are NOT in the catalog however.
    If Surefire's catalogs have been any indication of product line up. You're looking at 3-48 months release after it hits the catalog. A lot of products never make it out of print.
    Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

Comparing the Fury Tactical to a LX2: The Fury has much wider flood. The Fury's hot spot is a little brighter, but not an order of magnitude brighter (which surprises me).

Comparing the Fury Tactical to a M3LT (400 lumens): The Fury definitely has more splash, but the M3LT's center spot is definitely brighter.

Comparing the Fury Tactical to a M3LT-S (800 lumens): The Fury definitely has more splash, but the M3LT's center spot is definitely brighter.

I was disappointed that no clip or ring came with the Fury, but the price is fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Westminster View Post
    Comparing the Fury Tactical to a LX2: The Fury has much wider flood. The Fury's hot spot is a little brighter, but not an order of magnitude brighter (which surprises me).
    Perceived brightness operates logarithmically it takes 4 times more light to be perceived as twice as bright.
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

I suggest not being surprised if SureFire's released CombatLight and Defender Fury variants mean they never release their concept ZM2 and DM2 models.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Size15's View Post
    I suggest not being surprised if SureFire's released CombatLight and Defender Fury variants mean they never release their concept ZM2 and DM2 models.
    I was thinking the same thing. Everything's going Fury now. Could the 6PX's get taken over someday? Other than price points, people are leaning towards more lumens.

I still love my E1L, they all have their place I suppose.

If I had bought my Fury first, I likely would not have bought my 6PX Pro. Especially since I got the Fury on sale for just a few dollars more than the 6PX.

I've steered clear of the 9P because the bezel didn't look balanced with the body, but I think the Fury would benefit from a 3 cell body, while the 6PX is handy as is. That said, lumens sell. I'm sure the new Fury models will be the demise of the 6PX and G2X.

Surefire just released the P2zx fury combat light and the defender version,I saw it on the surefire website a few day ago,any possiblelity of enjoying the length of 9p and the advantage of the rechargeable by using Surefire rechargeable conversion kit kr2 bk .

Surefire just released the P2zx fury combat light and the defender version,I saw it on the surefire website a few day ago,any possiblelity of enjoying the length of 9p and the advantage of the rechargeable by using Surefire rechargeable conversion kit kr2 bk .My bicycle headlight is a p2x fury flashlight.in the few more month will be power by nimh battery.

Going to be making my first Surefire purchase. Trying to decide between the P2X or 6PXD. Both seem to be great lights.

One thing I wished Surefire would've not done was rivet the board and LED together! Bummer! It would've been great to've been able to "Hot Rod" one of my Fury's!
    Last edited by AZPops; 07-15-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Rivets are easily removed with a careful hand and a drill or a dremel/pencil grinder with a burr.

That gives me an idea.

Single stage XM-L at 800 lumens with 1 18650.
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

Flashaholic*

Hi again friends!

After a few months interruption I feel I need some new flashlight again. Now it's 4 weeks after the longest day of the year and soon it will be dark nights again. My intention was to wait until august for next flashlight purchase, but I couldn't wait, recently pulled the trigger for a Surefire P2X Fury...
    Then I see there are two clearly different informations of runtime chart for this flashlight. Any comment? You see the runtime charts between these reviews are very different for the high mode.

Regards, Patric

http://light-reviews.com/Flashlight-...ut-led-review/

http://www.led-resource.com/2012/03/...x-fury-review/
    Last edited by Swedpat; 07-19-2012 at 07:13 PM.

We only conduct runtime tests for high mode, and we did it with both primiaries and lithium-phosphate rechargeables.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Robin24k View Post
    We only conduct runtime tests for high mode, and we did it with both primiaries and lithium-phosphate rechargeables.
    Ok, I see Robin. But I wonder how it comes that light reviews states so different chart than your. Actually I first read light reviews review which showed a very stable output and after I ordered the light I read your review which showed a not nearly as stable output...

While Light reviews shows a practically full output until around 50 minutes your review shows that the output has dropped to around 400lm after the same time and ~350lm before the true decline. The curves are not even close to similar for the first 1 hour.

Last edited by Swedpat; 07-20-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Enlightened

Cool Help Wanted: what improvement over the upgraded 6p?

Pleae don't get me wrong, I really do love Surefire products, and have (or have given to family) over a dozen lights. My original inclination was to jump all over this new light.

But, After reading this thread from the begining, I do have a question for anyone: What if any advantage does the Fury have over the upgraded 6p? By upgraded I mean the 6p has ULC lens, stainles bezel protector, is ElectronGuru bored for 18650, Nailbender three mode XML, and McClicky installed.

If (when) new technology comes out, I can just change my light. Of course, there is the "cool" factor, and warranty, but what substantial improvements if any?

Thanks for any input.

Ray

Default Re: Help Wanted: what improvement over the upgraded 6p?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond3 View Post
    Pleae don't get me wrong, I really do love Surefire products, and have (or have given to family) over a dozen lights. My original inclination was to jump all over this new light.

But, After reading this thread from the begining, I do have a question for anyone: What if any advantage does the Fury have over the upgraded 6p? By upgraded I mean the 6p has ULC lens, stainles bezel protector, is ElectronGuru bored for 18650, Nailbender three mode XML, and McClicky installed.

If (when) new technology comes out, I can just change my light. Of course, there is the "cool" factor, and warranty, but what substantial improvements if any?

Thanks for any input.

Ray
    Surefire's main business is with military and law enforcement people. Not all of them want to have to tinker with their flashlight or deal with rechargeables. A lot of them probably view flashlights as a tool. Having a great light that works right out of the package is probably advantageous, especially if they end up selling them in quantity to a single organization, and the cost per unit new is probably cheaper for the Fury than it is for what you describe, and having just low and high modes is very simple to operate.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by fresh eddie fresh View Post
    Surefire's main business is with military and law enforcement people. Not all of them want to have to tinker with their flashlight or deal with rechargeables. A lot of them probably view flashlights as a tool. Having a great light that works right out of the package is probably advantageous, especially if they end up selling them in quantity to a single organization, and the cost per unit new is probably cheaper for the Fury than it is for what you describe, and having just low and high modes is very simple to operate.
    I understand that, and I agree! In fact, this recent development and a couple of others is really good news that a wonderful American company is more quickly adopting the more recent advances in electronics to stay at least competitive. IMHO, folks in the military and police sould be very well served with this that the sister platforms.

But, the question was for my personal benefit because I am seriously considering buying a couple for my self and family. That would mean shelving, or selling some good old upgraded Surefire/Malkoff workhorses (6P, C2, 9Ps, MD4, MD2) that have flexility and just plain work too. I don't see that much, if any, benefit to the switch. Maybe I am missing something.

Some things to consider. The larger reflector of the Fury yields more throw than modules like the Nailbender. It is also up to date in terms of current tech and output. Heat is not a big problem with the FURY as XML modules sometimes can be really hot when used for extended periods of time. You get alot with the FURY as a stock light out of the box. You dont have to place several different orders to get all the parts needed to trick out a 6P, which is also a advantage with the FURY. The FURY also runs well with rechargeables. I run mine on both 2x RCR123 and with a 17670.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond3 View Post

Thanks for any input.

Ray

Flashaholic

kyhunter1 any problems with the 17670? whats the runtime with it? I've heard both do and don't with 17670s in the fury and i have 4 of them hanging around. I's like to use them if I could in my fury for daily use

Had mine for 6 months and used rechargeables for most of that time with no problems yet. My Fury has quite a few hours on it now. It will run mostly regulated with the 17670 and major dimming showing up around the 40 minute mark. With two RCR123's it runs full output flat regulated till the protection circuit in the cells shut the light off around the 20-25 minute mark. Around the house, I use rechargeables. Away from home I feed it primaries after the 17670 starts to dim. You have the advantage with the 17670 dimming to warn that the battery is low, and not cutting off and leaving you in the dark. My cells are all AW brand. Also remember that using non surefire rechargeables voids your warranty. I accept that risk with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinniec5 View Post
    kyhunter1 any problems with the 17670? whats the runtime with it? I've heard both do and don't with 17670s in the fury and i have 4 of them hanging around. I's like to use them if I could in my fury for daily use

Have you looked at the Dark Sucks clips, there a low ride bezel down clip that works perfect on the Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by gripnSUREFIRE View Post
    Where are the bezel down low ride clips for these monsters!!

EDIT: I also run a AW 17670 in my Fury like kyhunter1 and I've had no problems with it.
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 22 View Post
    Have you looked at the Dark Sucks clips, there a low ride bezel down clip that works perfect on the Fury.
    the darksucks Surefire Ti Pocket Clip isn't the low ride

just the standard level
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    Ok, I see Robin. But I wonder how it comes that light reviews states so different chart than your. Actually I first read light reviews review which showed a very stable output and after I ordered the light I read your review which showed a not nearly as stable output...

While Light reviews shows a practically full output until around 50 minutes your review shows that the output has dropped to around 400lm after the same time and ~350lm before the true decline. The curves are not even close to similar for the first 1 hour.

Perhaps light-reviews is using a fan to simulate the cooling effect of holding the light in the hand.

Your right, my bad. I don't know what I was thinking. I meant to say it's the one that I was able to find that worked and looked the best on the Fury. There looking for a deep carry one, and I've not found one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    the darksucks Surefire Ti Pocket Clip isn't the low ride

just the standard level
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Flashaholic*

Perhaps light-reviews is using a fan to simulate the cooling effect of holding the light in the hand.
    Yes, that's correct. I mailed Light Reviews and received following answer:

"All reviews on Light-Reviews.com are done with active cooling by means of a cooling fan blowing on the flashlight while performing run time test. This is relevant to simulate real-world use because when we hold the flashlight in our hands or using it outdoors which help draw heat away from the flashlight, especially when running on high output modes which dissipate significant heat."

Robin24K: did you do the runtime test of P2X Fury without any cooling?

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    Robin24K: did you do the runtime test of P2X Fury without any cooling?
    Yes, we test lights at room temperature around 72-75F without any additional cooling (as specified by ANSI FL-1 Standard 2.1.1 Lab Conditions).

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031323334353639 ... LastLast