Foxfury Rook
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Default Re: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Quote Originally Posted by K5Guy View Post
    Dang near mind blowing
    You mean the SC600?

Cue crickets chirping as maxrep12 shows himself the door.

Enlightened

Poop.. been watching this thread since its inception. Pulled the trigger today on one from Battery Junction, and its back-ordered till the 30th. I want it NOW! hehe.

I thought this light might replace both my E2DL and my LX2, but first experience with this light is that the quality just isn't there. Nice and bright though.
    I get the same impression from the 6PX/G2X lights. They finally have bright LED emitters but they look cheap next to the legacy low end SureFires. I'm sure the online reps of the SF regime will tell us how this advanced new design lowers the parts count, makes the light tougher and is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

At least, SF has actually delivered a new light to the consumer market with a current emitter in record time. Looks like there has been a shake up in the consumer products side of the company, someone has figured out that LED technology moves a lot faster than the more mature incan technology.

As a loyal (but sometimes critical) SF customer, I'm in for a Fury, it's on backorder.

Quote Originally Posted by freeride21a View Post
    Poop.. been watching this thread since its inception. Pulled the trigger today on one from Battery Junction, and its back-ordered till the 30th. I want it NOW! hehe.

Still shows "ships next business day" on their website - how did you find out they were currently OOS? Did you get an email notification or something ( & if so how much longer after you placed your order)?

Quote Originally Posted by Vox Clamatis in Deserto View Post
    I get the same impression from the 6PX/G2X lights. They finally have bright LED emitters but they look cheap next to the legacy low end SureFires. I'm sure the online reps of the SF regime will tell us how this advanced new design lowers the parts count, makes the light tougher and is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

At least, SF has actually delivered a new light to the consumer market with a current emitter in record time. Looks like there has been a shake up in the consumer products side of the company, someone has figured out that LED technology moves a lot faster than the more mature incan technology.

As a loyal (but sometimes critical) SF customer, I'm in for a Fury, it's on backorder.
    Based on your experience with the 6px & g2x, still much if any nicer than say jetbeam's budget line? I'm thinking Fury versus BC25, even at 2x the price, since SF has yet to disappoint me, but I've also never seen an "x" model before. I didn't realize there was such a drop-off in quality.

Unenlightened

I got 6 of them in right before Christmas. Very cool light. I need a dark room to explain the difference to most people though. Of course the fail safe shine it in their eyes works too.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by SunStar View Post
    I measure the following in grip diameter.

Logo to Logo: 0.940"
    Land to Land: 1.000 - 1.001"
    Bezel Diameter confirmed at 1.375".

Package states:
    Length of light: ~5.4"
    Weight: 161 g
    Thanks, SunStar! Looks like itshould fit my V70 holster.

-- Frank
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

To Leon2245

Yes, they send a separate e-mail. I ordered mine on the 26th with an expected delivery date of the 29th. I received an e-mail this morning saying they are on back order until the 30th. Bummer!
    "It used to be 'Merkwuerdigliebe'"

Based on your experience with the 6px & g2x, still much if any nicer than say jetbeam's budget line?
    I don't own any Jetbeams and my SF Fury has not yet arrived. I got about a dozen 6PX and G2X's at the introductory prices last year with a good discount. I thought they were great blister pack lights for about $50 and I was glad to see SureFire finally getting recent technology emitters. Then, some of my lights had the widely reported switch and bump mode change problems and soon the retail price of the lights was nearly doubled. I wasn't as enthused and was more hesitant to give these lights as gifts to friends and family.

Around the same time, the market was flooded with good deals on legacy incandescent SureFires like the 6P and C2. I got some P60 LED dropins and put together lights with total prices now comparable to the 6PX/G2X's.

Having several examples of both series, the new X series just seems a little less well made, the CNC machining is less complex and not as aesthetic, to me at least. Anyone else get the same feeling?

I just e mailed surefire. I remember years ago they had an LEO discount program. If they still do I will probably order one
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by madecov View Post
    I just e mailed surefire. I remember years ago they had an LEO discount program. If they still do I will probably order one
    I believe they still do based on a Game Warden buddy of mine. We have been able to beat their prices on a one on one basis for batteries and such though. Just a thought you may want to consider. If your local dealer is aggressive like I am on getting in on the new stuff they may have one. We, like stated before jumped in as soon as they came available and got 6 fast. The follow up order is expected in February though. I will be anxious to see what they state for new stuff at Shot Show next month in Vegas.

Ill be at SHOT also. Making a list of booths to be at and orders to place.
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by madecov View Post
    Ill be at SHOT also. Making a list of booths to be at and orders to place.
    Yea its a lot to see and can be overwhelming. I look forward to it though. You'll recognize me as the zombie looking one on day 4..Don't shoot!

Just picked up a new Surefire P2X-B-BK 500 Lumens. It's a keeper!
    Last edited by Glock 22; 01-02-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Welcome to the forum Glock 22. The Fury is definitely a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 22 View Post
    JUST PICKED UP A NEW SUREFIRE P2X-B-BK 500 LUMENS. IT'S A KEEPER.

I keep waffling on this one. One minute I am thinking what a great light, then I start thinking it can't be a REAL Surefire for that price. Is the build quality really as good as what we are used to from SF??

In God we trust
    For everyone else we have Smith & Wesson

Quote Originally Posted by BSGGUNS View Post
    I believe they still do based on a Game Warden buddy of mine. We have been able to beat their prices on a one on one basis for batteries and such though. Just a thought you may want to consider. If your local dealer is aggressive like I am on getting in on the new stuff they may have one. We, like stated before jumped in as soon as they came available and got 6 fast. The follow up order is expected in February though. I will be anxious to see what they state for new stuff at Shot Show next month in Vegas.
    Yup, got an answer via e mail. LEO gets 20% off

Guess what's next on my hit list!

Thanks for the welcome, I agree its definitely a keeper!

I am checking out different kinds of pocket clips for my Fury. I just ordered a Oveready Derlin Tail Shroud, and it's suppost to be here friday. Has anyone ever used one of these on a Surefire light? Any suggestions on a good bezel down pocket clip?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by cummins4x4 View Post
    I keep waffling on this one. One minute I am thinking what a great light, then I start thinking it can't be a REAL Surefire for that price. Is the build quality really as good as what we are used to from SF??
    I've read this and what others have said about quality (or the lack thereof).

For anyone that actually owns a Fury: Does it say "Made in USA"? Or has even SureFire finally succumed to Chinese outsourcing?
    I'd rather have a flashlight in front of me than a "frontal flashlightomy"!

On my Fury package at the bottom where it tells the model # it say's Designed and assembled in the U.S.A. of domestic and foregin components. This product qualifies as " American Made" under the Buy American Act.
    Hopes this helps.

Flashaholic*

"Qualifies as American Made" and "Made in USA" are two different things; basically a Chinese SureFire ; another strike against this light. I wonder if the other new SureFire offerings are "Chinese" as well? I need to look at some of my packaging.

Glock 22, what does it say on the light?

EDIT: The lens is now proven to not be glass. It still does not stop me from liking the light.

The reason it says "foregin components" is that Cree led's are made in China. Some of Surefires xenon lamps were made in Mexico a while back too. Surefire does the machining work here in the states. I dont see why some of you all are questioning the quality of the Fury so much. It takes alot to impress me these days. I have personally handled Glock22's Fury and did not see anything shoddy about it. The Fury definitely has a glass lens (proven by other members in this thread). The ano was nicely matched. Nice beam and output. It is as American made as any other light made in the good ole US. You do not get inflated output or runtime claims that we expect from some of the other manufacturers.... You get exactly what SF says and possibly more if you are lucky. At it's price point, you cannot expect the Fury to be equal to Surefires high end torches in terms of fit and finish. I'll gladly pay $150 for this light over it's cheaper competitors.
    Last edited by kyhunter1; 12-30-2011 at 06:52 AM.

On the light this is everything that is say's Surefire A75949 Fury U.S PAT D644775' RE40125 CE nothing that say's Made in the U.S.A. That's got me to thinking. It's not even on Surefires website yet. I"ll also check on my other boxes as well.
    Last edited by Glock 22; 12-29-2011 at 10:53 AM.

We have been through this in a dedicated thread. Search it out if you really feel you need to. These X-type handhelds are no different to any other SureFires such as their flagship LX2. They're all machined etc and assembled at their production facilities in the USA (SoCal).

Flashaholic*

Al, then you can tell us definitively that the LED is the only foreign component? Or are there others, and if so, which?

I'm completely satisfied with my Fury you would just have to see the output it gives to believe just how bright it is. Money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by naked2 View Post
    Al, then you can tell us definitively that the LED is the only foreign component? Or are there others, and if so, which?
    Thats that the existing thread is for - detailed discussion of such things

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Size15's View Post
    Thats that the existing thread is for - detailed discussion of such things
    But I'm not talking in general; I'm talking specifically about "The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight". Can you confirm anything I asked above?

Also, to kyhunter1:
    I never said this light is shoddy; just that it's not for me (see post #103). Also, I own many Chinese lights, but in the past, have chosen SureFire over other lights because (among other things) they were made in USA. Now I will rethink that when deciding about new SureFire offerings; that's all. It doesn't mean that I won't buy another SureFire, just not this one.

AAMOF, I've just looked at the packaging and user manuals of my M600C, G2L, and 6P (x2); no mention of where they're made AT ALL. Yet I'm still completely happy with them (though I've sold the two 6P bodies at the MarketPlace; another plus of Lego ability!).
    Last edited by naked2; 12-29-2011 at 11:32 AM.

No way I would pay over a hundred dollars for a flashlight with a plastic lens. Doesn't Surefire clearly state what the lens is.made of?
    Last edited by recDNA; 12-29-2011 at 11:51 AM.