What's your EDC Calculator?

Wrend

Enlightened
Myself, I'm rockin' a TI-89 still. Hardware version 2 with the classic case style which I've upgraded the OS on to AMS 2.09 (date, time, apps screen, but I have it load to the home screen still since that's what I use the vast majority of the time).

I also downloaded the OS from my calculator to my computer and run it in an emulator for kicks.

I use it for both the mundane and more advanced calculations and algebraic equation manipulation I do on a regular basis.

Last edited:

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm awaiting delivery of a Casio FX-9750 GII. I hear it's what all the kids are using these days.
I have to go back and learn again all that stuff you learn in college, algebra, calculus, quadratic equations, etc.

trevordurden

Newly Enlightened
I use my imagination for graphing. Casio fx-260 solar.

Lrtj6.jpg

Go Green!

Wrend

Enlightened
Yeah, I don't graph stuff on my calculator too often, but I do use the CAS on it regularly.

I use 4 AAA Eneloops in it. I'd like to recharge them with PV solar eventually (mostly for fun, or to have available in an emergency along with HAM radio equipment). Not really a priority though since the electricity used by recharging my batteries is insignificant in comparison to how much electricity me and my wife use on a regular basis for everything else.

Wrend

Enlightened
My memory isn't good enough for me to be able to do all the calculations I can on a calculator, and using paper would take significantly longer.

Call me lazy and impatient.

:thumbsup:

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
at work, it's the HP-42S.
at home, it's my HP-15.

both are RPN machines, from the days when HP was known for quality <sigh>.

Steve K.

scott011422

Newly Enlightened
I use a TI-86 on my desk and both toolboxes. Have the TI-86 emulator on all my computers and tablets. Then of course the smartphone.

Soerlys

Newly Enlightened
Right now it is an HP 30S.

But I have three HP 15C's that I will use when I get out of school.

Wrend

Enlightened
My cellphone's calculator isn't good enough to cover all me needs.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a "smarter" Epic 4G (I like the qwerty keyboard with separate numbers) soon and getting SpaceTime for it once it becomes available to Android users. We'll see. For now my TI-89 does the job, and it stays charged a whole lot longer than any cellphone I know of does. I also kind of like the classic look and feel of it and its ease of use. (I'm a fan of real buttons, though touch screens are nice to use like a computer's mouse.)

tbenedict

Enlightened
Cell phone....this Android has good note/task apps too.

Being an accountant, I leave the big 10 key at work...

nightshade

Enlightened
Go ahead and giggle :) Casio 506 watch:

I have a smartphone, laptop and electrical conversion calculator at work. But, I still wear this one. Very water resistant and cheap.
I spend too much time at work in really confined, grimey spots. In those cases, I don't wear any watch or phone, etc.
These are pretty good watches for the price and utility.