4 Sevens

Thread: Tritium how bright are they?

Default Tritium how bright are they?

I am currently looking into buying tritium vials but how bright will they be? Ive seen night sights on gun and what not can they be compared with this? And where could i go about buying them currently?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Tritium how bright are they?

Depends what size they are. An 18 mm sphere allows me to see everything in a small room if my eyes are dark adapted, but most vials (except for maybe the 4x20s) will only be good for seeing where they are rather than illuminating anything.

Recommend you go look at B@rt's thread in the MP, he's got a great selection.
    Finning does help dissipate heat. This is why the fins are removed before cooking fish. Otherwise it will throw off the heat and not reach the proper cooking temperature. --Duglite

so many choices, maybe ill get a variety of stuff, i looked on there but their wasnt a current sale?

Flashaholic*

You sure? His thread was active as of today. MP is down for me at the moment otherwise I'd link you to the thread itself, but from memory it's in the "Other Lights" section.

Edit: Now it's working... http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...read-Part-Deux
    Finning does help dissipate heat. This is why the fins are removed before cooking fish. Otherwise it will throw off the heat and not reach the proper cooking temperature. --Duglite

hey thanks, very much appreciated saved me a lot of work.

Have you already made your purchase ?

I purchased some tritium keyring fobs for the whole family and now may have regrets.
    Search the Wikipedia for "Tritium" and read the "Health risks" section, then ask yourselves the question.
    Would you risk leakage and the possible consequences, especially with your loved-ones ?

If you still have no qualms, then by all means purchase these toys.
    Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
    Thank you all in CPF for reading.