Philips Outdoor Smart Lumiaires

slebans

Enlightened
I will bet these fixtures cost an arm and a leg but the specs are impressive. Great system efficacy(90 lm/w+), 100k lifespan, coupled with significant built in intelligence would seem to make these fixtures a win for both Philips and the customer.
The one item that seems to be missing is a built in motion sensor but perhaps it is available as an option.
http://www.lumec.com/pdf/series/MetroScape_data-sheet.pdf

Stephen Lebans

jason 77

Enlightened
Yes they do look well designed and built, and I bet they are expensive! The data sheet compair's them to HPS lights which are not really suited for motion detecting situations, maybe that is why they don't come with motion sensors.

ryguy24000

Enlightened
Those look kinda like something you see Downtown in a city? they are big! they look like a pole light.

slebans

Enlightened
Those look kinda like something you see Downtown in a city? they are big! they look like a pole light.

Philips' line of poles start at driveway/walking path height of 8 feet and go all the way up to a streetlight. My driveway has six 8 foot fixtures containing three 22 watt CFL bulbs. As the CFL bulbs die I am changing them to 12 watt LED(Philips). But for my next house I would prefer to use a purpose built intelligent LED fixture like the Philips one mentioned in this thread. The energy savings will be nice but not having to change bulbs would be even more appealing as the majority of failures seem to happen in the winter!

Stephen Lebans

Stephen Lebans