Xenoled RG03 bezel rings on Surefires why?

dougie

Enlightened
I have 5 Surefire lights and one spare bezel all now wearing black Xenoled bezel rings. Why? Well, I always found that the plastic lens retaining rings used by Surefire looked cheap and allowed fluff and debris to get between the edge of the bezel ring and the bezel itself which looks awful. In addition I've found that chips and dents to the bezel always seem to occur right on the edges which quickly ruins the lights aesthetics. Whilst, I've yet to put it to the test I suspect that there 'might' be some advantage in having a SS ring which covers the bezel edge if dropped. I also just really like how the bezel rings improve the look of the Nitrolon bezels on my G2's and G2z. Presumably lots of you guys like these bezel rings as they are often seen on pimped lights.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
my blings...
RG03TiGoldInstalled6P02.jpg

i really like the "Ti-Gold" and the "Ti-Black"... :nana:

dougie

Enlightened
Thanks for showing these lights with the Xenoled bezel rings. It confirms what I thought that it is a real cosmetic improvement to the 6P line of lights.:drool:

dougie

Enlightened
Thanks for showing these lights with the Xenoled bezel rings. It confirms what I thought that it is a real cosmetic improvement to the 6P line of lights.:drool:

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
A few months ago, my C2 centurion suffered a nasty fall which chipped and dented the edge of the bezel. I had a plastic retaining ring at the time. Those metal rings serve a purpose besides just looking nice!

Last edited:

dougie

Enlightened
Thanks FC, I suspected they would be of use in a fall but as yet haven't heard of anyone who's fitted one reporting that it's saved their bezel from getting damaged. Incidentally, have you, or do you now use them?

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Added insurance. I also have not dropped any of my lights after adding the bezels. If I do I have extra bezels to replace immediately.

G2Z.jpg

bstrickler

Enlightened
If I had seen these sooner, maybe my Z44 wouldn't look so bad. The bezel around the ring is folded in, locking the plastic retainer in place, so I guess when I finally crack the lens, I will have to send the Z44 into Surefire, and have it replaced. I'll have to get a bezel ring for the new one, then.

T45

Enlightened
Somewhat off topic, but I just bought a Bust-A-Cap crenelated bezel ring for Surefire flashlights. The unit I received did NOT fit one of the 5 Z44 bezels I tried it in. Simply would not screw down enough to keep the lens from rattling in the head. Pity. I was really excited about getting it. I am, however, ordering 2 Xeno 6 point bezel rings today.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhat off topic, but I just bought a Bust-A-Cap crenelated bezel ring for Surefire flashlights. The unit I received did NOT fit one of the 5 Z44 bezels I tried it in. Simply would not screw down enough to keep the lens from rattling in the head. Pity. I was really excited about getting it. I am, however, ordering 2 Xeno 6 point bezel rings today.

I don't see anything for Surefire on their site. knockoff perhaps?

edit: the Xeno rings rock!

bstrickler

Enlightened
Yes I do. And ever since I've been using them, I've never dropped any of my surefire lights since. Go figure! :shakehead

Lol, send it to me, and I'll make sure it's well dropped by the end of my shift, as long as you don't mind 20-30 foot drops from the tail of an aircraft! Many a lights have met their demise from those aircraft.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone compare the Xeno and the Solarforce bezel rings? Which one is better?

Nevermind. Another post said Solarforce rings don't fit SF bezels.

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few months ago, my C2 centurion suffered a nasty fall which chipped and dented the edge of the bezel. I had a plastic retaining ring at the time. Those metal rings serve a purpose besides just looking nice!
I did the same with my 9P - dropped it and dinged the head
i carefully straightened it back out, and now it wears a crenellated SS bezel (dunno what model it is, i know the previous owner modded it anyway)

Lol, send it to me, and I'll make sure it's well dropped by the end of my shift, as long as you don't mind 20-30 foot drops from the tail of an aircraft! Many a lights have met their demise from those aircraft.
Sounds like a lanyard would be a good idea (for the safety of the lights, and those working below)