Klarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light(s) you recently sold and why?

Flashaholic*

Default Light(s) you recently sold and why?

I like to know what light(s) you recently sold/wanting to sell and why?

I like to use this as a small guide for me and other users to know what particular model(s) to avoid. I know there is a review section, but not every light gets reviewed. Please no lights from DX. And please do not use to generate funds for other lights as a reason. I know it is a legitimate reason but that's not what I am looking for.

For example:

Too many modes
    Too less modes
    Brightness output spacing are too close together
    Don't have the mode I want
    Too heavy
    Last edited by dealgrabber2002; 11-30-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Default Re: Light(s) you recently sold and why?

The one light I sold due to features was a G2X. I'm just not a fan of cycling through modes. I don't use lights for general purposes, they all serve as tactical tools. I prefer on/off or the Surefire maxblast feature. If I need max output I need it NOW without having to cycle through modes.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by signal 13 View Post
    The one light I sold due to features was a G2X. I'm just not a fan of cycling through modes. I don't use lights for general purposes, they all serve as tactical tools. I prefer on/off or the Surefire maxblast feature. If I need max output I need it NOW without having to cycle through modes.
    I am not familiar with the G2X. Why don't Surefire make their 2 mode lights UI like the EagleTac p100a1 or TK20? Tighten for high and loosen for low.

Last two sales were SPY007's.
    Reason, thought I didn't "need" three.
    Sold the first one, as I had TWO XPG versions.
    Yesterday sold my Warm version. As much as I liked it, It didn't get used enough. I would use this one inside, and my cool one outside.
    Nothing wrong with either light, both were bought new from Dave ( coolfall). I kept the one that has an emitter upgrade.
    I just felt better selling the unadulterated ones,even though I have full confidence in the upgraded one that I am EDCing now.

No reason to avoid these lights, they are my favourite. Hence the reason I had 3 of them.
    I did have a Tri V, but didn't feel comfortable EDCing that one.
    Prior ones I bought & sold were more to try the lights, and found I didn't use them enough, so passed them on. Again nothing wrong, just not my cuppa tea.

Last light I sold off was a 6PX Pro. Not the fault of the light, just that I managed to buy a 6PX Pro 9/11 Commemorative Edition and I have a G2X Pro standing by anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by signal 13 View Post
    SureFire sells horses for courses, perhaps what you needed was the G2X-A-BK which is the tactical version of the G2X Pro, without the cycling two-mode that you found unsuitable?

Enlightened

I sold off my Catapult V2 (SST-50) earlier this year. There was nothing wrong with it at all. It's just that I had always wanted one good thrower in my collection and the newer stuff was just so much better.
    Yes, I know, technology moves on and I guess it's just being human to want something better

Sold my sc600. Didn't like the greenish tint.

Flashaholic

I recently sold a 4Sevens Preon REVO SS. I bought the light because of its very small size. I hoped that I could EDC it in my front pants pocket without me constantly noticing that it was there. That didn't work out and I didn't like that the UI required two hands or a fussy one hand grip. I prefer my Leatherman Serac S2, simple two output clicky with a pocket clip that's just a slightly larger than the REVO. So off the REVO went to someone else, I don't do shelf queens. I have lots of lights, but they are all supposed to get used. I think this is the last one I want to sell until I find something that I just must have and need to make a place for it.
    Looking for something, use a handheld. Actually doing something, you need a headlamp.

I'm selling all my chi-com lights off. I'm kinda pissed at myself that I bought them in the first place. I realize that not all parts of a modern flashlight can be made in the USA, but if a red, white and blue blood "Merican didn't machine the body and assemble the damn thing, then I don't want it.

Flashaholic*

Quark mini AA - horrid green tint ( I then bought two "white" tint ones secondhand from CPFM - I like the light itself, just hate green tints)

Zebralight H51F - didn't use it because of the beam pattern. I have a H501 for wide floody beam and a H51 for a conventional hotspot light.

Liteflux LF2XT - never got comfortable with the UI (too complex for my taste), plus it kept switching on in my pocket (I had low voltage protection enabled so couldn't specify auto switch-off).
    WTB Any Brand locking pliers multitool, Kershaw Bit Kit, leather sheath

Quote Originally Posted by Machete God View Post
    Last light I sold off was a 6PX Pro. Not the fault of the light, just that I managed to buy a 6PX Pro 9/11 Commemorative Edition and I have a G2X Pro standing by anyway.

SureFire sells horses for courses, perhaps what you needed was the G2X-A-BK which is the tactical version of the G2X Pro, without the cycling two-mode that you found unsuitable?
    Yeah the tactical model is what I would have preferred

HDS Rotary - Donuts

Was about to list my Sapphire GS this morning. Took pix, all ready to post, and couldn't do it.
    Even though I don't use it much, it does have it's place, so back on my briefcase lanyard it goes.
    Was going to sell it to bump up my PP account for an upcoming purchase. But after considering PP, shipping, envelope cost... I'd rather keep it.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CamoNinja View Post
    Sold my sc600. Didn't like the greenish tint.
    Really? This is the first time I heard this.

Flashaholic*

Sold my 4sevens miniX 123 today.

Reasons: wobbly head and mode skipping.

Just sold my Fenix LD01, the XP-E version with PWM controlled modes.
    Why? I bought another LD01 a few months ago, the current controlled XP-G version. I never used that first LD01 after getting the second one.
    A friend of mine was really interested in the LD01 but didn't like the price tag. So now he has an LD01 for a nice bargain.
    Last edited by Richub; 03-04-2012 at 07:21 AM.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

My flashlight collection.

Flashaholic*

I sold a pristine Surefire C2 with nearly perfectly matching anodizing because it was destined to be shelf queen and I needed the money for an L5 Lumamax that a friend was selling. For similar reasons, I have a LambdaLights modified 3C Mag for sale in the MP right now making room for a Surefire M4 from the same friend.

Before these two lights I sold a G2X because I had felt that I had too many 6P format lights and the G2X cannot be modified to use 18650s. I don't own a single 17670 and am trying to avoid investing in them, though the M4 might change that.

last one i sold was a preon 2. it was my second preon 2, and still couldnt warm up to it.
    main reasons are the switch, and cycling through 3 modes. wasnt too fond of the smooth body either. just not for me i guess.

Flashaholic*

I sold or gave away several lights with end-to-end cells - too long for pants pockets. All of my remaining lights are only one cell in length, albeit a couple large lights (eg:TK-35) with side-by-side cells. I refuse to wear holsters for lights.

I just gave away 6 lights with run times on high/max less than about one hour. All of my remaining lights that use various AAA/AA/CR123/18650 cells will run on high for an hour or more - save for a single low-cost CR123a single-level light that I use for testing run-time on cells.

Flashaholic*

Thinking of selling the Fenix L0D I gave my mom and get her a new light. The PWM on low is HORRIBLE!

I gave a first generation Streamlight Microstream to a non flashaholic.

The light I gave away had a yellow hot spot surrounded by a bluish spill. The color difference made indoor use unpleasant because whatever surface or object I shined the light on looked stained.

I bought a new C4 version which is brighter and performs much better.
    Retired engineer, author. Running Linux.

Arrow Re: Light(s) you recently sold and why?

I recently sold a ShiningBeam I-mini XP-G Neutral White to a co-worker who wanted to get a light for everyday tasks (walking the dog at night, etc.). Not that I didn't like the light, but I saw this as an opportunity to "upgrade" to something better. Ended up buying an EagleTac D25LC2 Mini R4/Neutral from illuminationGear.

I sold a brand new in sealed package SureFire E2L Outdoorsman. I got it as a gift because the person knew I am a flashaholic. The problem was two-fold. One, I already had one. Two this one was an older one that I guess had been sitting in some display case FOREVER because it was a earlier version of the torch with a KX1 head instead of the higher rated KX2 or KX3 head. Beware when you go to buy something and you think you know what it is rated as! I really would love to find a KX3 that is not as expensive as the ones on SureFire's webpage. You can almost find a complete unit for that much ($150?!?). I may just stick it out until I get the mods done on my 6P then get a Z41 conversion on the E series (too cool). I also have a GSX Tactical that for now, is my EDC. OKAY, I think I went well beyond the scope of this thread!

I do not sell my lights. Just donated them to CPF's Christmas gifts.

L0D-CE. I got a custom 2 stage Millermodded Arc AAA (much smaller, no blink modes, I get to pick my levels).

Dereelight CL1H V4 neutral. Bought the light to find out what the neutral is. Live downtown, don't go for walks in the woods. Too big for pocket carry, clip too tight for belt. After sitting on the shelf for 4 years (and charging up the batteries every few months) bye bye.

Quark MiNi AA2. Ordered a neutral version so let the cool blue go.

Enlightened

Thinking of selling my Olight M21-X Warrior - cant stand the kickdown from 600 lumen to the 370. Bought it mainly for the 200L mid, and love the 600 high, but just dont understand why it has to auto-kickdown to 370 after 5 minutes, it never really gets warm unless run indoors which i'm sure most people dont do.

I would like to sell my Surefire E1B because the new EB1 is supposed to come out

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by brianna View Post
    I would like to sell my Surefire E1B because the new EB1 is supposed to come out
    Chasing lumen or better features?

I love the Surefire E1B. I am a latest and greatest chaser. 200 lumen's still on a single Cr123a battery with equal run time to the old model.

Seems like a win win situation, and I can afford it.

Solarforce L2t with WW XML and 2.8A driver among several other lights in my collection.
    To fund a Surefire C2 Ha(Bored) purchase.

Will surely miss those lights but its a worth trade off.
    IAN2381
    Surefire C2, Surefire Z2/Zebralight H51/DQG AA SS NW/T10/RC-G2/TANK 501 SS/Ultrafire A30B NW XML/Solarforce L2T/Akoray K-106/Fenix E01.....

Just sold my 4Sevens X10. It was a great light, loved the form factor. There were two things that made me sell it.

1. Output/Throw. I was hoping for a little more of both. It did not throw as well as my Jetbeam M1Xv2 and was not any brighter than my Nailbender XM-L 3.1a dropin.
    2. UI. The two modes were fine but the time it takes to memorize the mode is a crazy long 2 seconds. I could not get past that one.

I did think about modding it to direct drive, but then I saw the SWM V10r Ti+ up for preorder and had to grab one so the sale of the X10 eased my wallets pain just a bit.