Light(s) you recently sold and why?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to know what light(s) you recently sold/wanting to sell and why?

I like to use this as a small guide for me and other users to know what particular model(s) to avoid. I know there is a review section, but not every light gets reviewed. Please no lights from DX. And please do not use to generate funds for other lights as a reason. I know it is a legitimate reason but that's not what I am looking for.

For example:

Too many modes
Too less modes
Brightness output spacing are too close together
Don't have the mode I want
Too heavy

Last edited:

signal 13

Enlightened
The one light I sold due to features was a G2X. I'm just not a fan of cycling through modes. I don't use lights for general purposes, they all serve as tactical tools. I prefer on/off or the Surefire maxblast feature. If I need max output I need it NOW without having to cycle through modes.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one light I sold due to features was a G2X. I'm just not a fan of cycling through modes. I don't use lights for general purposes, they all serve as tactical tools. I prefer on/off or the Surefire maxblast feature. If I need max output I need it NOW without having to cycle through modes.

I am not familiar with the G2X. Why don't Surefire make their 2 mode lights UI like the EagleTac p100a1 or TK20? Tighten for high and loosen for low.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last two sales were SPY007's.
Reason, thought I didn't "need" three.
Sold the first one, as I had TWO XPG versions.
Yesterday sold my Warm version. As much as I liked it, It didn't get used enough. I would use this one inside, and my cool one outside.
Nothing wrong with either light, both were bought new from Dave ( coolfall). I kept the one that has an emitter upgrade.
I just felt better selling the unadulterated ones,even though I have full confidence in the upgraded one that I am EDCing now.

No reason to avoid these lights, they are my favourite. Hence the reason I had 3 of them.
I did have a Tri V, but didn't feel comfortable EDCing that one.
Prior ones I bought & sold were more to try the lights, and found I didn't use them enough, so passed them on. Again nothing wrong, just not my cuppa tea.

Machete God

Enlightened
Last light I sold off was a 6PX Pro. Not the fault of the light, just that I managed to buy a 6PX Pro 9/11 Commemorative Edition and I have a G2X Pro standing by anyway.

SureFire sells horses for courses, perhaps what you needed was the G2X-A-BK which is the tactical version of the G2X Pro, without the cycling two-mode that you found unsuitable?

Average Joe

Newly Enlightened
I sold off my Catapult V2 (SST-50) earlier this year. There was nothing wrong with it at all. It's just that I had always wanted one good thrower in my collection and the newer stuff was just so much better.
Yes, I know, technology moves on and I guess it's just being human to want something better :shakehead

mbw_151

Enlightened
I recently sold a 4Sevens Preon REVO SS. I bought the light because of its very small size. I hoped that I could EDC it in my front pants pocket without me constantly noticing that it was there. That didn't work out and I didn't like that the UI required two hands or a fussy one hand grip. I prefer my Leatherman Serac S2, simple two output clicky with a pocket clip that's just a slightly larger than the REVO. So off the REVO went to someone else, I don't do shelf queens. I have lots of lights, but they are all supposed to get used. I think this is the last one I want to sell until I find something that I just must have and need to make a place for it.

machtig

Newly Enlightened
I'm selling all my chi-com lights off. I'm kinda pissed at myself that I bought them in the first place. I realize that not all parts of a modern flashlight can be made in the USA, but if a red, white and blue blood "Merican didn't machine the body and assemble the damn thing, then I don't want it.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Quark mini AA - horrid green tint ( I then bought two "white" tint ones secondhand from CPFM - I like the light itself, just hate green tints)

Zebralight H51F - didn't use it because of the beam pattern. I have a H501 for wide floody beam and a H51 for a conventional hotspot light.

Liteflux LF2XT - never got comfortable with the UI (too complex for my taste), plus it kept switching on in my pocket (I had low voltage protection enabled so couldn't specify auto switch-off).

signal 13

Enlightened
Last light I sold off was a 6PX Pro. Not the fault of the light, just that I managed to buy a 6PX Pro 9/11 Commemorative Edition and I have a G2X Pro standing by anyway.

SureFire sells horses for courses, perhaps what you needed was the G2X-A-BK which is the tactical version of the G2X Pro, without the cycling two-mode that you found unsuitable?

Yeah the tactical model is what I would have preferred

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was about to list my Sapphire GS this morning. Took pix, all ready to post, and couldn't do it.
Even though I don't use it much, it does have it's place, so back on my briefcase lanyard it goes.
Was going to sell it to bump up my PP account for an upcoming purchase. But after considering PP, shipping, envelope cost... I'd rather keep it.

Richub

Enlightened
Just sold my Fenix LD01, the XP-E version with PWM controlled modes.
Why? I bought another LD01 a few months ago, the current controlled XP-G version. I never used that first LD01 after getting the second one.
A friend of mine was really interested in the LD01 but didn't like the price tag. So now he has an LD01 for a nice bargain. ;)

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold a pristine Surefire C2 with nearly perfectly matching anodizing because it was destined to be shelf queen and I needed the money for an L5 Lumamax that a friend was selling. For similar reasons, I have a LambdaLights modified 3C Mag for sale in the MP right now making room for a Surefire M4 from the same friend.

Before these two lights I sold a G2X because I had felt that I had too many 6P format lights and the G2X cannot be modified to use 18650s. I don't own a single 17670 and am trying to avoid investing in them, though the M4 might change that.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
last one i sold was a preon 2. it was my second preon 2, and still couldnt warm up to it.
main reasons are the switch, and cycling through 3 modes. wasnt too fond of the smooth body either. just not for me i guess.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold or gave away several lights with end-to-end cells - too long for pants pockets. All of my remaining lights are only one cell in length, albeit a couple large lights (eg:TK-35) with side-by-side cells. I refuse to wear holsters for lights.

I just gave away 6 lights with run times on high/max less than about one hour. All of my remaining lights that use various AAA/AA/CR123/18650 cells will run on high for an hour or more - save for a single low-cost CR123a single-level light that I use for testing run-time on cells.