Olight
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO +

Default Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

I also use the 3100 Redilast and the cells have been great so far in my TM11. One thing to note is that they aren't really a button top or a flat top. They are almost like a slightly raised flat top. This did cause me to have a bit of an issue in my charging cradle since the battery could not reach the charging terminal due to it not being a "true" button top.

JD

Default Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

Btw, my Redilast 3100 mAH Button Tops, and my AW 2900 mAH Flat Tops, both fit my Pila, DSD and Ultrafire WF-139 Chargers superbly too...

Flashaholic

Has anyone noticed that the manual lockout feature of unscrewing the body slightly has changed since new? When I first got this light I remember being impressed that it only took a 1/4 turn to disconnect the batteries, but now I find I have to do a 1/2 turn and sometimes closer to 3/4 of a turn. When I examine the anodization of the threads very closely I see a couple of areas on both the head and the body that appear to have worn through and in fact they actually conduct (tested with a multimeter). I believe these worn areas, if they line up with each other, could be allowing an alternate ground path even once the primary path through the bare end of the body to the gold ground ring on the head has been broken.

Reading over the manual Nitecore doesn't mention the quarter turn method to completely lockout the light, only the switch activated method, so I'm going to assume they will not consider this a problem.
    Last edited by kwarwick; 02-21-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: clarify offical lockout mode vs. 1/4 turn method

Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the manual lockout feature of unscrewing the body slightly has changed since new? When I first got this light I remember being impressed that it only took a 1/4 turn to disconnect the batteries, but now I find I have to do a 1/2 turn and sometimes closer to 3/4 of a turn. When I examine the anodization of the threads very closely I see a couple of areas on both the head and the body that appear to have worn through and in fact they actually conduct (tested with a multimeter). I believe these worn areas, if they line up with each other, could be allowing an alternate ground path even once the primary path through the bare end of the body to the gold ground ring on the head has been broken.

Reading over the manual Nitecore doesn't mention the quarter turn method to completely lockout the light, only the switch activated method, so I'm going to assume they will not consider this a problem.
    I have noticed this as well. You pretty much summed it up nicely.

JD

Thank you all for really quick and kind replies. I am going to check all the recommendations right now. I have already found a reputable and cheap eBay seller to buy a TM11 from. Therefore, few batteries and a charger is all I need to fulfill my obsessive needs. :)

HKJ, your deep battery test is really impressive. Looks like I will pick up RediLast 3100 mAh.

Quote Originally Posted by peterharvey73 View Post
    I use Redilast 3100 mAH Button Tops, because they were the highest capacity battery available with protection circuits, and a button top; the Redilasts work superbly, no problems.
    What I really like on your reply is the fact that you named a particular brand and model. I do not want to make a mistake buying a slightly different model rendering the combo completely unusable. So this is exactly what a newbie needs. :)

You also addressed existence of cells with a built-in protection circuits. This would be my point 4! Really, I forgot to mention it. I am partly a pyromaniac but I prefer not to combine my hobbies this way. :)

As of the Pila charger, I have found only one seller on eBay and he does not ship internationally. Do you know of a reliable source for these? PM me please, if naming one would break the forum rules.

Do you think the Ultrafire WF-139 performs equally well?
    This one can be ebayed easily what is a real time-saving feature. :)

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    As of the Pila charger, I have found only one seller on eBay and he does not ship internationally. Do you know of a reliable source for these? PM me please, if naming one would break the forum rules.
    Naming the seller won't break the rules, linking to the seller will.

Norm

HKJ, your deep battery test is really impressive. Looks like I will pick up RediLast 3100 mAh.
    What I really like on your reply is the fact that you named a particular brand and model. I do not want to make a mistake buying a slightly different model rendering the combo completely unusable. So this is exactly what a newbie needs.
    Yes, HKJ's battery tests are an incredible resource.

But as for the Redilast 3100mAh, be advise that at least one member in this thread has reported problems. I know from my testing that any cell over 69.0mm may have an issue in a particular sample (e.g. I had one TM11 that wouldn't take 69.0mm and taller, and another that has taken everything up to 69.2mm). See the comments in my review, and in posts #160 and #169 here.

At the end of the day, you will be probably be fine with the Redilast 3100mAh, based on most experiences here. But there is still a small risk of a compatibility issue very long cells.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Olight ST25.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

You can buy from Redilast themselves:
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...n-Japan-Korea!
    [Can use existing username, but must register with new separate password for cpfmarketplace.com].
    It should be 68.5mm long by specs.
    Just email them directly, and ask them to verify the overall length with a pair of electronic calipers before they freight.

As for the WF-139, please read Eric's thread here:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?229923-Consumer-Li-Ion-quot-cradle-quot-charger-roundup... .
    Without reading Eric's article, I can't tell the difference between the WF and the Pila; I have no multi-meter.
    However, the 250-350 mA charge rate of the WF will be very slow compared to the 600 mA charge rate of the Pila charger.
    You'd want a fast charger to recharge 3100 mAH of capacity.
    Eric does not recommend the WF-139 for various other reasons like the charging method, and the overcharging etc.
    The Pila charger is best; you can buy it from many retail outlets like bugoutgearusa.com etc...
    Last edited by peterharvey73; 02-22-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Flashaholic

Bought my Pila IBC charger and Redilast 3100 cells from Lighthound website.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I just want to add that I have received a third (so far perfectly working) TM11. It came with version 3XML-V1.12-1111. I can only recommend you try to get one of those if you also want one. You will be surprised by the amount of light it makes.

It is on my desk running for 1:30 without problems.

Hi!

Just a check. Anybody here has the TM11 tested with Panasonic 3.7V 18650 rechargeable batteries? I may have a problem buying the Redilast batteries from the net and ship into my country directly (without questions from customs) but I believe I've a good chance of getting the Panasonic batteries from ebay Singapore instead without issue since it's already on my country's ebay (Singapore) website. Too bad I can't find Redilast batteries on ebay Singapore.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/sch/i.html?_p...50&_kw=battery

As charging the batteries would take some time I intend to buy 12 pcs - 4 pcs for use in the TM11, 4 pcs on ready-charged standby and 4 pcs just in case any battery konk out as well as for standby. A

Are the Panasonic batteries dimensionally same and perform equally as the Redilast batteries? May be someone can point me to a link where other brands of batteries (besides Redilast) can be used in the TM11 without problem.

Getting the 2x Pila IBC chargers and the TM11 in should not be a problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmasailor View Post
    I just want to add that I have received a third (so far perfectly working) TM11. It came with version 3XML-V1.12-1111.

Where is the version labeled or displayed?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post

Thank you in advance.
    On the inside of the head...

Quote Originally Posted by Travelmate View Post
    Just a check. Anybody here has the TM11 tested with Panasonic 3.7V 18650 rechargeable batteries?
    Pretty much all 3100mAh batteries use the Panasonic NCR18650A core. The different brands differ in the positive contact point (small button, large button, or flat-top) and the protection circuit design and features. This affects their overall length and protection shut-off points, but they should perform roughly similarly at different current drains.

HKJ has an excellent 18650 battery comparison thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...review-summary

If you scroll down, you will see graphs for voltage/current patterns and height differences between the various brands of cells. The cells you link to on eBay seem to be some generic brand claiming to use the Panasonic NCR18650A core. If that is true, performance should be similar to other 3100mAh cells. But overall dimensions are hard to know on these generic brand batteries.

May general recommendation is to make sure your brand of cells is under 69.0mm total length, to ensure reliable operation in the TM11.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Olight ST25.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Quote Originally Posted by peterharvey73 View Post
    Eric does not recommend the WF-139 for various other reasons like the charging method, and the overcharging etc.The Pila charger is best; you can buy it from many retail outlets like bugoutgearusa.com etc...
    Thank you very much. I will buy the Pila charger from the seller you have recommended. They do ship internationally so everything is perfect.Last question ... and please consider it funny not stupid. :)I know there is a lot of battery setups TM11 can take. If I go with the RediLast cells, how many of them I need (one load)?

Thank you very much. I will buy the Pila charger from the seller you have recommended. They do ship internationally so everything is perfect.Last question ... and please consider it funny not stupid. I know there is a lot of battery setups TM11 can take. If I go with the RediLast cells, how many of them I need (one load)?
    If you use less than 4x18650's, you may only have partial output?
    Less than 4x18650's is only for emergency use.

You need a full set of 4x Redilast 18650 3100 mAH Button Tops.
    Four 18650's of the same batch must be used together simultaneously.
    We can't mix 2 old 18650's, with 2 new 18650's.
    We also cannot mix 2 half charged 18650's, with 2 fully charged 18650's.
    The four batteries must be the same: the same make, the same model, the same age, and the same level of charge too.

If you are a heavy user, you may want another set of 4x Redilasts for use as backup...
    Last edited by peterharvey73; 02-24-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Guys quick question please.

I have a TM11 on it's way and plenty of 2200mAh AW cells, but as i'm about to order some Redilast cells for a mate i figure i may as well order 4 extra 3100mAh's.

Can someone please confirm 100% that Redilast 3100mAh cells work in the TM11?

Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kwak View Post
    Guys quick question please.

I have a TM11 on it's way and plenty of 2200mAh AW cells, but as i'm about to order some Redilast cells for a mate i figure i may as well order 4 extra 3100mAh's.

Can someone please confirm 100% that Redilast 3100mAh cells work in the TM11?

Cheers
    Mark
    I am using those cells in my TM11. many of the folks here are as well. So far only 1 user has stated that the cells did NOT work in their light. There is plenty of info about it in the thread.

JD

Flashaholic*

I'm planning on getting one of these in the near future. Would anyone not buy a TM11 again? How does the neutral tint look?

edit:

I ordered one in neutral tint (T5) on eBay for a substantial discount and should have it on Wednesday. Almost enough to buy a Pila IBC.
    Last edited by FNG; 03-02-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    SureFire A2 .:. SureFire G2Z .:. SureFire M6 .:. NITECORE TM11 .:. Power on Board 35W HID

Please pardon if this has been previously answered, but how much current does the TM11 draw at full output (turbo)?

Thanks

Flashaholic

[QUOTE=FNG;3890597]I'm planning on getting one of these in the near future. Would anyone not buy a TM11 again? <snip>

I've had mine since January and I've been satisfied with the performance and operation. For the price, I'd say it's worth it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FNG View Post
    I'm planning on getting one of these in the near future. Would anyone not buy a TM11 again? How does the neutral tint look?

edit:

I ordered one in neutral tint (T5) on eBay for a substantial discount and should have it on Wednesday. Almost enough to buy a Pila IBC.

I would for certain buy it again. Mine is cool white though. I would have purchased the neutral white version but it was no longer available from my vendor.

JD

where we can buy the version .3 of the nitecore tm11? waht shop are 100% best????
    Fenix TK35 - Zebralight H600 - Olight M20 warrior XML U2 / xp-g R5 (smooth/OP) -KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode- Tank007 tk-360 mod with driver 2.8 A e led XML T6

Quote Originally Posted by ciccio90 View Post
    where we can buy the version .3 of the nitecore tm11? waht shop are 100% best????
    Just email them, and ask them do they sell the version V1.12-1111, because you only want this particular version...

Anyone use this CEnergy Smart-4 battery charger for 4-bay x18650 (and others) charger? I saw it at a shop in my place but seems not to find it on the net? The item is made in China

Thanks

Or ask them to do a 'burn in test' before shipping. Number 1 and 2 failed within 30 minutes. I guess if they live after a first set of batteries on Turbo you will be OK. The V1.12-1111 did the trick in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelmate View Post
    Anyone use this CEnergy Smart-4 battery charger for 4-bay x18650 (and others) charger? I saw it at a shop in my place but seems not to find it on the net? The item is made in China

Thanks
    My own feeling on something like that is that if you can't easily find product or review information on the internet about that charger, I wouldn't consider buying it.

You might want to ask that same question in the Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included section of the forum and see if you get any feedback (the question is probably more appropriately asked in that subforum anyway).

I wonder if the "Blue Star 4-Bay Charger" is the same thing you've seen? (Google it.) Also, though -- I see no useful info posted about that charger either. That is, this company actually makes one....but is it any good? I'd be very hesitant to buy it or use it, personally.
    Last edited by varuscelli; 03-05-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post
    My own feeling on something like that is that if you can't easily find product or review information on the internet about that charger, I wouldn't consider buying it.

You might want to ask that same question in the Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included section of the forum and see if you get any feedback (the question is probably more appropriately asked in that subforum anyway).

I wonder if the "Blue Star 4-Bay Charger" is the same thing you've seen? (Google it.) Also, though -- I see no useful info posted about that charger either. That is, this company actually makes one....but is it any good? I'd be very hesitant to buy it or use it, personally.
    Thanks I'll head over there

BTW, the 4-bay x 18650 battery charger I quoted is not the same as the Blue Star 4-Bay Charger you quoted. The one I quoted can charge 2 different sizes of batteries and each bay has individual battery status indicator.

gotta get me one of those

I have come to thank you all. Thank you for your help and friendly advice.I have received three separate packages in last few days. The very last one has just come. In other words, I am charging right now. :)