SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO +

Default Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

Holy cow, that was a nice review.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Minescence View Post
    Selfbuilt has figured out how to move faster than the speed of light. Therefore he is able to manipulate time.
    The new Chuck Norris, maybe?

Buttrock Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpal View Post
    Holy cow, that was a nice review.

The new Chuck Norris, maybe?
    Chuck Norris is not afraid of the Dark, the Dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

The Dark is EVEN MORE AFRAID of Selfbuilt.

Last edited by TEEJ; 06-08-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Unenlightened

Default Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

Did I open Pandora's box here?

Quote Originally Posted by topcho View Post
    Did I open Pandora's box here?
    Selfbuilt is going to open it last week.

Unenlightened

We are all sick, aren't we?

As entertaining as the speculation of my ability to warp space-time is, there is a more prosaic explanation (see the March 2012 update at the very top of the review post).

Simply put, there was a hack of the CPF system in March of this year, resetting new posts to four years earlier. As the system displays posts in the order they were made, new posts to this thread displaced the main review. The mods restored order, but the changed datestamp of the (new) first thread post couldn't be altered. The review was originally posted in November 2011.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Olight M18 Striker.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    As entertaining as the speculation of my ability to warp space-time is, there is a more prosaic explanation (see the March 2012 update at the very top of the review post).

Simply put, there was a hack of the CPF system in March of this year, resetting new posts to four years earlier. As the system displays posts in the order they were made, new posts to this thread displaced the main review. The mods restored order, but the changed datestamp of the (new) first thread post couldn't be altered. The review was originally posted in November 2011.
    Hm, I am not sure if we are buying this...

Quote Originally Posted by topcho View Post
    Hm, I am not sure if we are buying this...
    Because we all know that when Selfbuilt does beamshots, he doesn't turn his lights on. He turns darkness off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpal View Post
    Because we all know that when Selfbuilt does beamshots, he doesn't turn his lights on. He turns darkness off.
    LOL, I feel like I just walked off a Doctor Who episode. Where did I leave that weeping angel? Don't blink!
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Olight M18 Striker.

Wink2 Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

Newbie here!

Just order a TM11 and seems to be a challenge finding some protected 18650 that fit, per all the post I have seen. Any recommendations for a US newbie? Need to get them ASAP, flashlight should be here Monday or Tuesday.

I recently started to have some strange problems with my TM11. The head wouldn't screw all the way down, the batteries would rattle, when it was empty you could hear some strange rattling like something was loose inside and strange 'sand' started appearing near the threads (sticking to lube). Turns out because of unique design of spring in the Tm11 few of silica gel balls (that must have escaped from the packet that Nitecore puts inside the battery tube) got stuck under it, few of them got crushed creating a strange sand-like substance ant the rest was preventing the bottom spring from compressing so I couldn't screw the head all the way down. I was really freaking out for a moment there
    "We notice things that don't work. We don't notice things that do."

- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TinyMonster View Post
    Just order a TM11 and seems to be a challenge finding some protected 18650 that fit, per all the post I have seen. Any recommendations for a US newbie? Need to get them ASAP, flashlight should be here Monday or Tuesday.
    You must be a real fan of this light, given your username.

Most protected batteries with small or large button tops should be fine - there are only a few sporadic accounts of some cells being too long. Avoid true flat-top cells (i.e., where the wrapper comes up higher than the metal on top). And unprotected cells are too short to work (and never recommended either).

And always stick with real brand name cells (i.e., not all the xxxxfires brands - you don't know what you are getting). And buy a decent charger. The experts in the batteries forum can help steer you.

You must be a real fan of this light, given your username.

Most protected batteries with small or large button tops should be fine - there are only a few sporadic accounts of some cells being too long. Avoid true flat-top cells (i.e., where the wrapper comes up higher than the metal on top). And unprotected cells are too short to work (and never recommended either).

And always stick with real brand name cells (i.e., not all the xxxxfires brands - you don't know what you are getting). And buy a decent charger. The experts in the batteries forum can help steer you.

Will do!

Thanks!

TinyMonster

Quote Originally Posted by TinyMonster View Post
    Will do!

Thanks!

TinyMonster
    Likes the MOnster

Unenlightened

Default newbie says thanks

Newbie here who just ordered the version 3 of the Tiny Monster.

thanks everyone for this incredible post -- it has been most helpful! : )

Default Re: newbie says thanks

I can confirm that Hi-Max 2600mAh batteries fit as well as protected Panasonic 2900mAh. I'd recommend Panasonic. I got them for $7.69/piece shipped from ebay. Oh and I tried running TM11 with a single protected Panasonic and was surprised that I could run it on all modes including turbo.
    Now I see

It is crazy how long my 4 x 3100ma redilasts go in the tm11. on low and medium it lasts through a night and keeps going !
    Yes.... I just said that.

hi guys, I am new to the forum! I got a TM11 awhile back and the switch is very smudgy and soft, i thought it was normal and the mode switching is kinda weird.. then after a few months, (no hard use) the switch cannot change mode anymore and it can only go highest mode or strobe mode. That piss me off and I return it for RMA but turn out they cannot fix it and so they return me money and get a new one. So just when I get my 2nd one, I realized the switch is very snappy and harder, much more solid feeling and the mode switch is very defined.. more important is the throw seems to be further out too. Man did I got a defected one before?

Two videos here..

One is from before, still pretty amazing if you did not got a 2000 lumens in hand before:

and now this is my 2nd test video:

If you see have the same experience, you might wanna see if it is a model issue too. I am telling you that my 2nd one is SO MUCH BETTER too.

Btw, great post thread!!!!

Mod a TN31 head on a modified TM11 body and you get a TTM - TinyThrowMonster: Shorter than the TN31 with longer runtime.

Brightnorm

Holy crap that is a beast!

Thanks for the review!

Are you thinking about a comparison with DRY, or Skyray King or other similar looking lamp?

Quote Originally Posted by kolbasz View Post
    Are you thinking about a comparison with DRY, or Skyray King or other similar looking lamp?
    If a dealer or the manufacturer wanted to send me one, I'd be willing to review it. I know one potential dealer was thinking of it, but I haven't heard anything further.

If a dealer or the manufacturer wanted to send me one, I'd be willing to review it. I know one potential dealer was thinking of it, but I haven't heard anything further.
    When it comes down to it, the look-alike companies fear the reveal.

They tend to be more secure in their sales without structured testing or critical analysis.

Well...that's one theory, anyway.

It's high time to make a big comparison test of this type of lamp, because there is a lots of similar lamp on the market(T60cs, tn30, etc), and this style is getting more and more popular among the manufacturers.

Actually i also prefer this type to the long, 25-30cm type lamps

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post
    When it comes down to it, the look-alike companies fear the reveal.
    They tend to be more secure in their sales without structured testing or critical analysis.
    Well...that's one theory, anyway.
    Sounds like a viable one. People naturally want to believe they perform the same as more expensive offerings. Independent critical comparative analysis would confirm or dispel.

It's high time to make a big comparison test of this type of lamp, because there is a lots of similar lamp on the market(T60cs, tn30, etc), and this style is getting more and more popular among the manufacturers.
    Well, you can check out my individual reviews of new lights as they come out - I generally compare build and performance back to the relevant older models (e.g., my TN30 review has comparisons to the TM11). I will be reviewing the T60CS, and comparing it to the those two lights as well. Haven't started testing it yet, but will get to it soon.

I was just looking at that light on youtube, The shape of it seems kinda funky and maybe not the best grip but it Looks really cool though, I like the three LED lights, kind of like my terralux tle 310 bulb drop in for my 6-d maglite.

*And yes, I'm just posting to get my post count up PAST 3 so that message will finally go away*

Unenlightened

in my search for an awesome torch, it was this review that pushed me over the edge to get one. My wife and I sometimes walk our dogs around our neighborhood at night where the cars sometimes go a bit too fast. I can't wait till I'm able to flash them right back....my TM11 should be getting here hopefully this week.

Quote Originally Posted by syobwoc View Post
    ... I can't wait till I'm able to flash them right back....
    Careful with that, I did that with my old SF M6 and almost got into a fight.

Brightnorm

I am an old timer and have used 123 Surefire batteries only until I recently started to use Eagletac 3100 mAh lithium ion rechargeable batteries in my two Eagletac G25C flashlights.

My question is what disadvantage is there in using 8 123 Surefire batteries in the Nitecore 'Tiny Monster'? If battery life of the Surefire is 10 years from date of manufacture could these batteries be used in the light as an 'emergency light' and ready to work?

Well, when I'm looking for a grab and go light (investigating that noise outside), I surprisingly choose the Skyray King. It's dead simple UI, responsive switch and neutral emitter makes it a prime choice. At $65 it's a no brainer to play with.

The TM11 locator LED/volt meter is very handy... But a little deep UI.

The T60CS is easier to hold, but spongy switch.

I'm thinking if the TM11 came in neutral and a pared down UI (med, super low, high) and a good button switch it's
    A perfect winner (for me at least)