Ottawa/Gatineau CPF Winter meet: 2011 edition

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Making plans for the last CPF meet for the Ottawa/Gatineau area for 2011.

Meeting place would likely be the location we have been using (Tim Hortons on Innes next to Costco).

Anyone in the area interested in getting together?

jax

Newly Enlightened
speaking of canadian cpf meet's,does anyone know if winnipeg ever has cpf get together's?
sorry for the off topic!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the date is compatible with my schedule, I'll be there!

Suggestion: We should all brig our cheapest/crappiest/oldest lights for a laugh

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 10th works for me.

Have you tried sending a PM to the rest of the guys? They might not be paying attention to this sub-forum.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried sending a PM to the rest of the guys? They might not be paying attention to this sub-forum.
I'm trying to remember some of the other local folks.

My prior PMs were lost in the crash, so I don't recall everyone I contacted for the last one.

Flic and J_Roc come to mind.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
speaking of canadian cpf meet's,does anyone know if winnipeg ever has cpf get together's?
sorry for the off topic!

Ottawa is the only CPF GT in Canada I ever heard of. There was a talk about a possible Montreal Gt, but it didn't stick: Thread here. WE could try to get some other guys from Montreal to join, but the only other name that comes to mind right now is JamesMTL514. There's at least 4 of us as far as I can tell... I'll revive the MTL thread to see if derfyled still is subscribed to it.

bob_ninja

Enlightened
Thanks for PM :)
I am certainly in. I was checking this forum earlier but didn't check it recently.
Looking forward to it :):)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking we should take some beam shots. I have a camera and tripod. We should all dress well, as it could take up to an hour if we decide to compare all our lights and we will definitely want to have some fun too.

On a side note, I started a thread in the cafe to try and get CPF members from Quebec and eastern Ontario to manifest themselves so I can compile a list of people to reach for next time and a possible Montreal GT. Thread here.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't have much new to bring this time, since I was on a CPF visiting and buying hiatus for most of the year.

Just a new 2011 Solarforce L2 and some neutral XP-G drop-ins I built.
I also have two of the 2011 Solarforce L2P lights, but one is my Christmas present and the other is my wife's. Won't get to play with those until Christmas...

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, if I can arrange my schedule, I might be there. Do you spend the whole evening at Tim ?

About a future GT for Ontario/Quebec, a camping night in May/June would be awesome.