Help pick my next light

85coke

Newly Enlightened
I need a light for work. I'm an electrical engineer and most of my day is spent at the desk, but every now and then I'm out in the mill and need a powerful light.

I'd like a minimum of 500 lumens and at least 2 modes, with 1 being 10 lumens or less. Sometimes I have to look at things up close in electrical cabinets and don't like being blinded by overpowered lights.

I need a throw/flood mix. I have a smaller light i EDC that's always on me, and it works well for things up close and is mostly flood, so the new light can be more of a thower.

Runtime isn't important. I rarely have to use lights for extended periods of time.

I'm flexible on batteries. I have a PILA IBC charger and also this one http://www.batteryjunction.com/md-3000-charger.html I currently use AAA, AA, D, 10440, 14500, 18650, D, and D NiMh batteries. I'd consider another battery as long as my chargers would work.

I need a light that will fit in my pocket. It doesn't have to be comfortable enough for EDC, but i need something i can carry in my pocket when i have to go look at something. I could go a little bigger than my t20c2 if needed.

I need neutral or warm tint. High cri would be nice but it's not a must have.

Here's my current list of lights with some of my thoughts about them and their uses. One option might be to move one of these to work and get a light to replace their current role.

Peak Eiger with Nichia high CRI - I carry this all the time with a 10440.

Eagletac t20c2 mkII with XML T5 HO, XML T6 HO, XPG-R5 Cool, XRE-R2 cool, and XPE-Q4 NW modules. - This is my nightstand light. It's great but I wish it would turn on in low. This light would work well as a work light, but I'd like something a little less expensive if possible. My last light was stolen.

Eagletac P20A2 mkII with NW XPG - I keep this in my truck. It would be nice for work but it lacks in output. I also get free AA batteries at work, so that would be another plus. I'm waiting for a NW XML for this light.

Xeno E03 NW XML - Keep this light at home and use it for a little of everything including loaning it to my friend for a helmet light while mountain biking. This would be perfect for work if the beam was a little more focused and it had a few more lumens. This is one of my favorite lights but wish it had a lower low.

Fenix tk70 - I don't really have a use for this light but i had to have it :D

LED 3D maglite - got it free from work and keep it in my truck.

This light is my current top choice. Seems to be everything i'm looking for and the price is right. I thought i'd ask here though before I ordered http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-126/**NEW**-P-dsh-Rocket-XM-dsh-L-Neutral/Detail

T
hanks for the help

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea why you need 500 lumens,I know of no UK workshop that i call on as part of my day job that use that sort of power for auto work.Plenty of decent lights for you out there.:wave:

85coke

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea why you need 500 lumens,I know of no UK workshop that i call on as part of my day job that use that sort of power for auto work.Plenty of decent lights for you out there.:wave:

We have lots of large buildings. Some buildings are several hundred feet long with most ceiling heights over 20'. Some ceilings are around 60' if i remember correctly. My Xeno on 14500s isn't enough for some areas.

sprice

Newly Enlightened
I like streamlight if you can find one with enough lumens for you!