Pretty Sure CPF Saved Me a Ton of Money...Thanks!

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Alot of great info here and very helpful members.

Usually when I get into a hobby it takes me several thousands of $$$ before I feel I've accomplished my purpose for getting interested in that particular hobby

I think I bought wisely the first time out and feel all my needs and most my wants are met and so far have not bought anything that would fall into the "need to upgrade NOW" or "Unnecessary Shelf Princess" category.

Also got lucky finding this place when Cree Stock was at a real low...its going up nicely.

Anyway, for EDC, I got the PD31 which has amazing runtime and is sufficiently bright for almost any task.

The Fenix TX35 for scaring off coyotes when dog walking (800 lumen is pretty much the max I ever need)

The Photon REX Keychain light which is super bright, rechargeable and very handy for small tasks.

And the AmondoTech HID Illuminator for whenever I get the urge to drop a bunch of money on one of those sweet looking 2000 lumen XML lights.

I hope I am now cured because my wife thinks I am crazy.

oh yea...I got the Zebralight SC600HL coming for when it gets too cold to hold a flashlight....but thats it!

light.jpg

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
I don't know... Maybe some day you'll feel an urge to hit the clouds with light and build a 16kw shortarc or something. You'll never know.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
and you still need backup lights to the ones you use most..
and an tiny edc "manjewel" that you can take to even fancy party.. (stainless or titanium or just small)
and then something that uses other battery chemistry.
and then something for the wife.
and then something that stays in car/garage/toolbox
and then.. you get the drift.. :)

that said. cool that you found the Right ones on first try. research pays off. :)

Retinator

Enlightened
Wait.........CPF saved you money? You're one in a million!

What you have is a damn good start, but the keyword is START. :)

The problem I've had, is most of the lights mentioned here are non existent on the shelves in the local stores. So I take a liking to one model and it spreads from there.

egrep

Enlightened
hahha, what's that bit on the left? Looks like a home made vaporizer. If you check it out on the net you'll see lots of 'em made out of flashlight bodies.

pblanch

Enlightened
Cost me a ton of money as well. Damn you cpf. Oh ah I can't stay mad at you. You just so sweet.

4sevens has got a sale on, Damn 2 titanium preons later with an additional clicky attachment. Damn it how many lights do I need.

Ps I need them all.:shakehead

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Yea, the e cig is called an Omega and also takes an 18650.

My wife is expecting so Im really trying to limit my purchases to stuff I need....that being said, I didnt own a single flashlight as of one month ago and now all of a sudden I "need" 5 of them.

I also really really really want the Nitcore TM....must resist.

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Thats what I'm trying to avoid.

I'm really into the brighter is better thing so whenever I almost hit Pay Now for the Nitecore TM, I go outside and fire up the HID Illuminator and that calms me down for a while!

BVH

Flashaholic
Ahhh, but..... the AI is only 35 Watts output. How can you stop at only 3,500 Lumens?? It's a crime! You need to at least mod that thing with an automotive slim 55 Watt ballast for a true 44 Watt output! That is a cheap, effective way to get more Lumens. You can use the same bulb and the slim ballast fits right in the original ballast tray.

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip!

That sounds like something I would enjoy doing and it sounds fairly inexpensive and involves more than just hitting Pay Now.

Cool

AaronG

Enlightened
You think your saving money! Then you start reading reviews about new stuff and reading threads in the MP. It all goes downhill from there.

My only saving grace is that I like small single cell lights. I mean how much can you spend on a small single cell light right? :devil: