Enlightened
What do you prefer when writing and EDC:

Chrome finish
Matte finish
Titanium Nitride

With or without Clip?

nbp

Flashaholic
I have the matte black Space Pen, with clip. The shiny ones are sweet but I figured they'd be slippery with sweaty hands.

ico

Enlightened
I'm mostly choosing between the titanium and the chrome though.With the chrome, some say your hand will smell metal-y or like the smell when you hold coins and sweat. is that true?

geisto

Newly Enlightened
The problem I have with the Fisher Spacepens is the cap...which you have to secure and is incovenient if you use your pen a lot. I used to EDC the clickie plastic body spacepens and the problem with the plastic is the clip is plastic so it breaks. Now I carry a Surefire EWP03 and call it a day.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My wife brought a 50 cal. cartridge. set up as a pen, on a return trip from Conn. Went though check point with no questions asked.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Whoops, we've gone OT here, and I didn't help with my post. Time to get back on topic, re OP's questions.

Bill

xian13

Newly Enlightened
I have and EDC the chrome bullet type, with clip. If I were to do it over, I would get the matte black one as superglue (for the clip, to keep it from popping off):D peels right off of the chrome one. It's a great pen, though- always in my pocket when I need it.

Robert C

Newly Enlightened
I have the matte black clicky sold under the write in the rain name but made by fisher. Got another clicky in the glove box with the chrome top and plastic barrel. I prefer the matte black