Verbatim LED bulbs

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I stumbled across these in a local store. The bulb looks identical to a bulb sold at Lowe's under a different brand. I've always associated Verbatim with recordable media. It's kind of interesting to see them branching out into the LED lighting market. Their website mentions LED bulbs based on violet chips as well as OLED panels.

slebans

Enlightened
I stumbled across these in a local store. The bulb looks identical to a bulb sold at Lowe's under a different brand. I've always associated Verbatim with recordable media. It's kind of interesting to see them branching out into the LED lighting market. Their website mentions LED bulbs based on violet chips as well as OLED panels.

I'm glad that Verbatim is posting the LM-79 report for this bulb. Unfortunately, the specs reveal this is 2010 tech.
Efficacy: 48.6 lumens per watt
Wall Plug Efficiency: 16.6%

I hope we do not have too wait much longer for WPE values to exceed 25%. For reference, CFL bulbs are nominally 20% efficient.

Stephen Lebans

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I suspect that the plan is to get rid of older stock before introducing their current line. It seems to me that they should be dropping the price on the 2010 lamps a bit in order to move them. The A19 bulb that I saw was priced at $20, about the same price that I can get this year's brighter version for at the local DIY stores.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked but the lamp shown on the website does not appear to be the same as the Utilitech Pro which is made by Feit Electric.

binary_details.php

A19_DM_LED.jpg

Compare the design of the heatsink, the Feit (bottom) has wider spacing and less fins. From what I could look up, I think Mitsubishi makes these.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Verbatim copied Mitsubishi's bulb verbatim... Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I, too, associate Verbatim with recordable medias.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I looked but the lamp shown on the website does not appear to be the same as the Utilitech Pro which is made by Feit Electric.

binary_details.php

A19_DM_LED.jpg

Compare the design of the heatsink, the Feit (bottom) has wider spacing and less fins. From what I could look up, I think Mitsubishi makes these.

Hmm... I have two Utilitech (Feit) lamps. The 400 lumen bulb is the one in the second (lower) picture. The top picture looks very similar to but not exactly like the 800 lumen version of the Utilitech bulb. So this is apparently a different product than the one at the DIY stores.

carriedolt

Newly Enlightened
Yeah what you said was absolutely right. These Led bulbs will be based on OLED panels and violet chips.

Chiraag G

Newly Enlightened
Hey I joined to clarify a little thing - I don't know if it makes a difference, but Verbatim is a part of Mitsubishi Chemical as opposed to Mitubishi - I think this is an important thing to differentiate. Also, I should have a couple of their GU10s coming soon to test out so I will let you know what I think. I am using them to replace halogen spots.