seeking mounting hardware for bumper mount fog lights

JeeperJake

Newly Enlightened
Looking to determine which is most serviceable bumper mount for fog light bulbs, such as the ?Hella? BiFocal Dichromic yellow.

To supplement Jeep JK with H4 headlight upgrade. Will need stock bumper mounting hardware.

Can't find local shops carrying such as the old standard Grote units.

Quite pleased with D Stern custom harness. Went to 4 Off road shops in Portland area without finding in stock units other than the Hella thin mount 400s.

Grote web site didn't seem to have local stocking distributors. I wanted to see these in person and check the mounting clearances.

Tips? Links? if you please.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
If you're thinking of the housings I think you're thinking of, that is the Grote 64011/64021, you ought to be able to get them or their Truck-Lite equivalents (652H, 653H, 657H depending on color/finish) from NAPA or any good truck parts supply house in your area. The Hella BiFocal unit is a fantastic bad-weather light, much more effective than most fog lamps. Not sure what you mean by "dichromic yellow"; there's no such thing. Selective yellow, yes. If you mean Dichroic, the Hella beam units (if you get yellow ones) do not use a dichroic filter.

Hilldweller

Enlightened
Are you thinking of getting an aftermarket bumper (ever), Jake? If so, it's easier to mount lights to them than to the stocker.

I mounted drivers to the stock JK bumper at first by just drilling through the plastic and steel; I painted the steel and bolted it all up. You just have to measure and be careful about placement.

Dan already made you a pigtail to run from the driver's H13 socket to trip the new lights, didn't he? That will make install a snap once you decide where to put them.