Which of Your Flashlights Most Reveal Your Personal Philosophic Preferences, and How?

Anonnn

Newly Enlightened
You have guiding principles that determine what you like and what you dislike in your life. Can you label some of these principles and demonstrate how certain specific flashlights you have purchased reflect these principles/philosophies?

Anonnn

Newly Enlightened
Great! Here is my first example:

I prefer quality over value. I also prefer paying a premium for something up front that will cost virtually nothing after the initial investment, rather than buying something that carries with it the burden of ongoing expenses. This makes the Surefire E2L AA Outdoorsman a very logical purchase for me. It is initially an expensive flashlight for its class, but is manufactured with unmatched quality standards. Since it runs on AA batteries, I can use Eneloops in it and use it as frequently as I like with virtually no more expense to me.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think my frugal nature makes me gravitate to lights that have low lows (got to save those batteries) and the ability to ramp. Thus, I'm especially fond of LiteFlux, Photons, Protons, and the Nitecore D11.2. Guess I'm a controlling cheapskate.

Geoff

mbw_151

Enlightened
The lights that reflect my engineering approach to life are those that are durable, reliable, cost effective and flexible. The two lights the embody those values the best for me are my HDS EDC HighCRI and Surefire Saint Minimus ( upgraded to Minimus Vision if ever released). Adjustable output, good flood/throw comparmise on the beam pattern, and highly reliable and durable.

HB021

Newly Enlightened
My only selfbuilt flashlight so far; Makita BML 185 modification, why start with a 400 lumen when you can go beyond the common ones and build a 4000 lumen flashlight?! ;-)