Been gone a long time, help with ordering sc600 and batteries..please

ScottyJ

Enlightened
Hello

I have been gone from the forums for quite a while, I am wanting to pick up a new flashlight. Please don't flame me for being lazy and not searching, but could someone point me in the right direction to order a zebralight sc600, batteries and charger?

I have never owned any of the rechargeable flashlights (or the batteries and charger)....so I want to make sure I get whatever the good batteries are.

Thanks in advance, and man it looks like things have come a long way since I was a regular around here!

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
ScottyJ, take some time and browse the SC600 reviews in the reviews forum, and browse the stickies in the batteries forum. There are a variety of threads on exactly which cell fits the later-version SC600.

AW cells are a reliable choice. To use Lithium-Ion cells or other such chemistries, you will need a digital voltmeter. 3-1/2 digit readout is sufficient. The Pila IBC (dual-slot) or the 4Sevens (single-slot) chargers are considered reliable.

ScottyJ

Enlightened
thank you two for the replies....

shane, I am a 1911 guy myself :)

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Will using redi last or trustfire batteries give me diminished performance with the sc600??
IF I upgrade to AW, will I notice anything in the out put?
Thanks
Tony

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Will using redi last or trustfire batteries give me diminished performance with the sc600??
Thanks
Tony

You won't notice any difference since the nominal voltage is the same (4.2V at full charge). Many - including myself - simply prefer AW batteries because they are high quality batteries.

yifu

Enlightened
Thanks
Tony
The Redilast 3100mah batteries will give you better runtimes than the AW 2900s as tested by other forum members. Both are very close in quality and price though. Avoid the -fire brands.