Has anyone here tried the Piaa 530 LED Fog Lights?

flip

Enlightened
I recently became aware of the Piaa 530 LED fog lights. They might be just what I am looking for to add to a motorcycle. Has anyone here tried them out?

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Don't know anything about PIAA 530 LED lights. Although I usually characterize PIAA as producing mostly very expensive hype and ridiculous performance claims, their lights do usually light up. So I'll make no judgement until I see them. But frankly, LED or not, if that's really a pair of THREE WATT lights, as I seem to read elsewhere, they won't do very much.

But you did say "motorcycle" and "LED," so I remembered a friend showed me these interesting Krista lights, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKzjrW_UllA&mid=51

Not what I'll use on my bike, but the dimming feature is interesting.

LED and HID lighting is particularly interesting for motorcycle riders, because so many bikes have very small charging systems. Cars and trucks usually have more power to spare, so lumens per watt is not so critical. BTW, use me for an illogical "bad "example: I have efficient aftermarket HID projector headlamps on my Crown Victoria - and it's an ex-cop car with a 100 amp alternator...

I've gotten sidetracked from working on the bike lately, but my own plan is HID (Soltek Fuego) driving lights and H2 halogen (Cibie 95I) yellow fog lights.

I've been thinking of the fogs also as conspicuity lights. It seems to me that the dimmable Krista lights may have potential in that area.

Whatever you go with, good luck and safe riding.

Last edited: