Help please I'm a nub

killstatic

Newly Enlightened
I know you guys get many questions like what is the brightest flashlight all the time and I'm sorry I'm asking again. I did do a search for many hours a day this week and my girlfriend even thinks I'm weird for looking at flashlights for the past week trying to decide which one to get. After searching and reading selfbuilts and hkj reviews I actually found the one I was going to get, the 4Sevens Revo in 1xAAA only to find out it was discontinued. I'm looking for a EDC light that will fit on my keys should be durable/waterproof/with multiple modes like low, med, hi. It has to stay in the 1xAAA light range and I'm looking for a good balance between brightness/runtime that the 4sevens Revo offered, the light will be powered by Energizer lithium or alkaline. I don't care about prices but under 60$ should be preferable. Thanks in advance everyone!

Also if anybody will sell me a 4sevens Revo that would be great!

Lightman2

Enlightened
Hi Killstatic.......many of us spend hours looking at light reviews, reading others opinions and the like so tell your fine lady you are actually normal not weird LOL. Might want to check out Fenix lights and also Klarus both OEM's make AAA lights. I have not got a AAA so cannot comment but shortly the responses wil come in with many giving you their thoughts. The Klarus brand has both Aluminium and Stainless Steel (model MIX6) to choose from in AAA and while some like how the color of the light body fades with time on the aluminium others like the stainless due to its ability to wear well. You might want to check out www.goingear.com

davecroft

Enlightened
Olight i3 has what you are looking for although I don't think it comes in stainless steel, but there is a range of colours. It's good value, but my own choice would be the Fenix LD01 - costs more, but I think you get what you pay for in build quality.

Maratac and iTP do similar lights to the Olight i2 and I think they make them in steel and/or titanium also.

Have you considered the Preon 1?

Last edited:

weez82

Enlightened
4Sevens Preon 1 Blue can be had a a super low price right now. Plus they offer a discount code (I'll let you look that up).

GunnarGG

Enlightened
4Sevens Preon 1 Blue can be had a a super low price right now. Plus they offer a discount code (I'll let you look that up).

In this very moment you can get a Preon 1 Satin Titanium for $38.50 (30% off). Just go to 4sevens homepage within 13 hours!

About material:

SS will last much better than aluminium but is also heavier.
I prefer alu therefor. I think it will last well for a couple of years and then there is something better out there that I want to upgrade to anyway.

J D

Newly Enlightened
I have a 4 Sevens SS Revo and I love it. I also wish they hadn't discontinued them. I was going to get a couple for Christmas gifts.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check this out if you can wait a month or two: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...umen-AAA-Flashlight-(photos)-Work-In-Progress. It is brand new (so durability, etc. has not been proven) but it looks pretty cool. I have a Fenix E05 on my keys and it is only 20 bucks, perfect for me, but it doesn't have the multi-modes you are looking for.

I'm following the progress on the Torpedo as well, and it looks promising. If you can't wait a couple months, get an Olight i3 (or the older version, iTP A3) for now.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
If you look at CPFMP "Good Deals" you can find a Fenix LD01 AND a E01 for $35, free shipping (if you don't mind ordering from China).
The E05 is a great light if you can live without the multimode.

For those that live in Sweden there is an online shop that still has Revo SS and alu in stock.
If I don't recall wrong the SS is with a discount so it is actually cheaper than alu.